Reports state that the number of YouTube channels removed in Q3 2022 increased by 1.8m compared to Q2. YouTube removed a whopping record 5.8m channels, according to an Atlas VPN analysis.
The number of channels removed in Q3 increased by 1.8m compared to Q2 as it registered a growth of 46%. Spamming, misleading, and scams contributed to the 91.2% of channels removed. Almost 194 thousand channels were terminated due to breaking YouTube’s community guidelines by uploading nude and sexual content. 2m videos were deleted because of child safety concerns and breaching YouTube’s privacy policies.
- The number of channels removed in Q3 2022 increased by 1.8 million compared with Q2, representing a growth of 46%.
- As many as 1.7 million videos originating from India were deleted.
- The USA, Indonesia, Brazil, and Russia were in the top five of most deleted videos. The videos were deleted because they were overstepping community guidelines.
- YouTube removed two million videos because of child safety concerns and breaching of YouTube’s privacy policies.
- Spamming, misleading, and scams contributed to the 91.2% of channels removed. Almost 194 thousand channels were terminated because they violated YouTube’s community guidelines by uploading nude and sexual content.
- Submit an appeal to YouTube if you think that your account was suspended due to an error. Instead of emailing YouTube directly, tweet about the issue
5.6 million videos removed in Q3 of 2022
When YouTube deletes a channel, all of its videos are removed as well. Citing data extracted from the YouTube Community Guidelines enforcement report, Atlas VPN noted that with 5.8 million channels, more than 5.6 million videos were removed in the third quarter of 2022 due to channel-level suspension.
Prior to Q3 2022, the highest volume of removed channels was recorded during the third quarter of 2021, at 4.8 million terminations. The number of channels removed in Q3 2022 increased by 1.8 million compared with Q2, representing a growth of 46%.
When YouTube removes a channel, its contents are also removed. Atlas VPN noted that 5.6m videos were removed in the last quarter of 2022. As many as 1.7 million videos that originated in India were deleted.
The second country on the list was Indonesia which saw 629 thousand of videos removed. The US was in third place, with 534 thousand of removed videos. Brazil (276 thousand), and Russia (218 thousand) are other names in the top five countries recording the highest number of deleted YouTube videos.
How to retrieve your suspended YouTube account
Do you have your YouTube account suspended as well and don’t know how to retrieve it? Here are a few steps that will help you get back your account.
- Step 1: Don’t email the YouTube community instead, tweet them about the issue. You can send a tweet to @TeamYouTube explaining your problem. The team will get back to you with the steps you need to take now. This works because as a social media platform, Twitter is obligated to respond to keep up its public image.
- Step 2: Submit an appeal to YouTube if you think that your account was suspended due to an error. You can explain all the problems to the moderator and have them lift the suspension. The appeal should be written in a formal manner.
- To make YT review your request, you should appeal through the Google appeal form. Beware because you can appeal only a handful of times. Once you have submitted the appeal form, wait for YouTube to answer. It usually takes a few days.
- Back up all the content that was lost. Backing up data will ensure that your content will remain secure. Back up content regularly to avoid any faults like this.
If you are a working professional or a college student and you have linked your videos in blogs or some other social media platforms, getting your YouTube account suspended can amount to a great loss in case of potential clients, viewers, and credibility.
YouTube is one of the most well-established social media platforms to attract qualified clients to your company. For this reason, you should know how to retrieve your account if it ever gets suspended, unfortunately.