Many active users on Twitter can find their accounts shadowbanned. A Twitter shadow ban starts with fewer likes, shares, comments, and retweets to complete the account ban. Some users are unaware and panic when they find their hard work of years or months will be in vain.
Are you noticing a sudden dramatic decrease in your engagements and worried, “Are you shadowbanned on Twitter”? If you think so, this article is your best solution to find your answer on How to Check if You Are Shadowbanned on Twitter?
We, Will, teach you the easy ways to restore your account regularly. You will learn all the possible reasons to avoid getting shadowbanned in the future.
What is a Shadowbanned on Twitter?
Shadowbanning on Twitter is an act of restricting and limiting the visibility of an account or tweets due to a breach of the policies and community guidelines. In most cases, Twitter doesn’t notify about the shadowban. This act of shadowbanning prevents the posts from reaching the target audience.
For Twitter, the shadowbanning meaning differs from people’s opinions. According to them, shadowbanning is the deliberate action of the Twitter algorithm to promote safe and sound conversations among users.
They do it to limit the reach of trolling behavior. Twitter Shadowban helps them to shorten the spread of harsh language and copied texts.
You can observe the following changes in your Twitter account after shadowbanning.
- Your Twitter posts and the entire profile become invisible to your followers and other users. They won’t be able to see your Twitter posts in your profile or when searched in the search bar.
- Your replies to others’ tweets become invisible and do not appear below the corresponding tweets.
- Your followers will not receive any notifications on their account for your actions like likes, sharing, retweeting, or replying.
- You will see a sudden decrease in Engagements on your tweets.
Let’s understand the three types of shadowbanning that Twitter users face.
- Full-search shadowban– In this, Twitter shadowbans or blocks accounts entirely. Your Twitter profile becomes completely invisible to all users on the platform. Consider this as a Twitter account temporary or permanent suspension.
- Profile Shadowban-In this, Twitter limits your account visibility to prevent people from finding your profile via Twitter search. Account does not appear in search suggestions.
- Thread Shadowban ( Ghost ban) – In thread shadowban, Twitter limits your comment’s visibility from tweets or threads.
Reasons Behind Your Shadowbanned Twitter Account
There are many possible reasons behind your shadowbanned Twitter accounts. Every reason is somewhere linked to Twitter policies.
You have spammed your feed with many automatic tweets in a day.
- Spamming Activities- You may be spamming your and others’ Twitter users’ feeds with spammy content. You are posting tweets too frequently, which makes the Twitter algorithm detect you as an automation tool—overposting the same content like promotional offers, sales offers, or spam links in other tweets’ replies.
- A Digital Marketer creates multiple accounts and does excessive tweeting to post the same information for promotion. Twitter AI bots are brilliant in detecting such active accounts. Such acts make the experience unpleasant for other users.
- You probably have used Trending hashtags in irrelevant posts to boost the engagements.
- Using the old following/unfollowing trick to get more followers. It’s a spamming activity. As Twitter has set definite daily limits on followers.
- You are engaging in online confrontations, trolling behavior, online fights, posting offensive content, and hurting political viewpoints. Twitter is strictly against any impolite and aggressive language used on its platform.
- Automated tweets – Sometimes, third-party apps linked with your Twitter account automatically retweet on your timeline.
- Many other users are blocking and reporting your account, which forced Twitter to take action against your account. Twitter considers that any of your actions harm people’s fundamental right of expression of speech.
- Twitter thinks you are manipulating its platform by including aggressive tweeting, following, and purchasing fake engagements and followers to grow your account for business purposes.
How to Know if You Are Shadowbanned on Twitter
Twitter does not send any official ban notification to users. A Social media influencer finds a significant drop in their engagement activities quickly. People can get an idea by checking their engagement rates and other methods we will discuss now. It’s essential to be sure on time so the affected user can take action to lift the shadowban in the early stages before permanent account suspension.
Try a Shadowban Checking Tool
Using the Shadowban checking tools, you can check if your shadowbanned on Twitter with complete surety. Use these three online tools to conduct a Twitter shadowban check.
First, open a new tab in your browser. Open this website. Type your Twitter username in the search bar. Tap on the check button. Wait for some seconds to load the results. If Active shadowban appears in the search results, your account is shadowbanned on Twitter.
The search results are visible in the following terms.
- Does your account exist?
- Are you on suspension, search ban, or search suggestion ban?
- Are you facing a ghost banning?
- Is your account restricted by reply deboosting?
It’s an online tool to check whether you are facing a search, search suggestion, reply deboosting, and ghost bans.
It only tells the final answer in yes or no.
Go Incognito and Search for Your Profile on Twitter
Other proper methods are searching for your profile in incognito mode and on the Twitter Explore page.
- Go Incognito – Open any web browser. Look for an option that puts your browser in incognito mode to hide your search history. Now, open your Twitter account. Visit the https://twitter.com/explore page. Here is the search page—type from: your Twitter username. Suppose you don’t find your profile and tweets in the search results. It becomes obvious.
Look for Signs of a Shadowban – Check Your Tweet Engagement for a Sudden Drop
Start by checking recent tweet engagements. It’s common for influencers to keep track of their progress on social media platforms. Open your Twitter account and navigate to any recent tweets.
Click on the Analytics icon to check engagement metrics like likes, shares, comments, retweets, post impressions, and more. Compare this data with other recent tweets to check the sudden drop.
Twitter has limited distribution of your posts to other Twitter users.
How to Remove Shadowban – What should I do if I’m shadowbanned?
Once you are sure that you are shadowbanned on Twitter, your next step should be to implement measures to remove the ban from shifting to a complete profile shadowbanned on Twitter.
Take a Break from Twitter & Avoid Tweeting
If you’re over tweeting or spam behavior has landed you in this trouble. The best solution is to take a short break for at least 36-72 hours.
A shadowban period can at least last for 72 hours. Completely stop tweeting and lay low for some time. Any new posting can worsen the situation if you repeat the same mistakes.
Remove existing Irrelevant Tweets and Comments
First, Go and read Twitter policies. Review all your tweets to check if any words used inside your content are breaking any policy.
If you can find tweets, delete them. Check if you have posted any spam comments related to promotions on other accounts. Make sure to delete rude comments.
Remove automated services and spammy content
Disconnect your Account connections with other sites which have automation bots. Marketers use automation bots on many other social media platforms to increase their traffic and followers and for automatic posting.
Remove spammy links and unwanted replies from other Twitter users’ tweets.
Avoid Creating a new Twitter Account and Updating your Existing Account
Avoid creating a new account when shadowbanned, when Twitter detects another account. It can permanently suspend both accounts. Clear fake data from your profile if you have posted any
. Update your profile with your profile picture, and verify your email address and phone number if you have not completed the identity verification steps. Make your account look authentic.
Reach out to the Twitter Support Team
Suppose the Twitter shadowban does not get lifted even after you cleaned your profile from irrelevant content and stopped tweeting. Contact the Twitter support team for the final solution. By doing this, they can provide the exact explanations and maybe help in lifting the ban.
FAQs Around Shadowbanning on Twitter
People have lots of unresolved queries around the Twitter shadowban. We had given the answers to the most common doubts whose answers users look for when Twitter shadowbans them.
How Long Does Shadowban Last on Twitter?
A Twitter shadowban can last for a maximum of 72 hours or more, depending on Twitter. If you repeatedly do a violation, A Twitter shadowban period can extend. Your behavior during the early phase of shadowbanning plays a decisive role in alerting Twitter whether to continue with more harsh steps.
Why Is No One Seeing My Tweets?
Twitter has restricted visibility of your in its timeline or search bars. You are doing any suspicious activity which is against Twitter guidelines. Check by performing a Twitter shadowban test. We have discussed three ways to check if you are shadowbanned on Twitter.
If some days pass and your content is still not visible to other people, Contact Twitter by sending a tweet to @TwitterSupport to let them know about your issue. Twitter’s support team (hopefully) can give you more insight into why your tweets are not visible.
Why Is Twitter Not Showing All of Your Posts?
It can be possible due to a technical glitch or shadowbanning. Read the above reasons and solutions to be sure about your condition. Shadowban starts from reducing engagements to the complete Profile ban.
Why Do I Keep Getting Shadowbanned on Twitter?
You are not sticking to Twitter guidelines. Even after many warnings, you continuously engage in spamming or any unwanted activity against Twitter rules. It strictly warns users to stick with its platform rules.
Twitter AI bots are intelligent enough to record any suspicious activity. Twitter has absolute power to remove any post or suspend an account.
Twitter shadowbanning can be disappointing for Twitter users. It feels worse if you aren’t aware of what wrong you did. Unfortunately, you can’t talk with the Twitter AI. No social media platform will tell you in advance why you were banned wrongly.
Twitter’s goals remain to promote healthy conversations. You can only choose to become more careful next time. Avoid your account from getting into a second shadowban by sticking to Twitter rules.
You can go and observe and analyze the accounts of successful Twitter influencers and brands. Observe their tweets, words, and structures and learn and implement their ways.