Twitter launched a paid subscription feature called Super follows in September 2021 for content creators to make more pennies and encourage them to create more quality content for its users. Its function is somewhat similar to YouTube paid subscription and Patreon.
Let’s know more in detail – What Are Twitter Super Follows? You will learn who can access this feature to avail some unique benefits.
What is Super Follow on Twitter
Super follow is a unique feature in which the content creators can earn money/per month by setting monthly subscriptions. In simple words, you pay Twitter to follow another user.
The most engaged followers purchase the subscriptions to become the super followers of content creators who have enabled the super follow feature on their Twitter accounts.
Once creators gain the super follow button on their Twitter profile, they can create exclusive content for their super followers.
In return, a super follower gets many additional benefits, such as access to exclusive tweets. When users become super followers, they can only see subscriber-only content shared by the accounts they have super followed.
Creators can share exclusive news and content, drop new product releases, or share their unfiltered views via subscriber-only conversations – inside the Twitter app.
Super Follows feature included the following benefits ( for both creators and super followers):
- Exclusive Tweets – You will see exclusive tweets posted only for super followers in the Timeline. If you want, you can engage with them.
- Super followers can choose and set to receive separate notifications for tweets posted by the super follow creators.
- Super Follower-only Spaces: You can participate in live spaces conversations as a listener and speaker ( on request ) hosted by creators you Super Follow.
- The Super Follows Badge: When you write any comment as a reply to tweets posted by anyone you super follow, Twitter will display a public badge alongside your display name to provide you a separate identity as a super follower. You can select to hide this badge on Android or ios from your public replies.
- Super Follows Tweets tab: In this tab, you can see an account’s super follows tweets.
Who Has Access to Twitter Super Follows?
Twitter users living in the US can only apply for the Super follows button. They have to meet the below eligibility criteria.
- You should be at least 18 years or above.
- You must have at least 10K active Twitter followers.
- You should have a complete Twitter profile with a display and username, profile picture, bio, and a header image.
- You must have a verified email address.
- Your Twitter account must have been active for 3 months.
- You must have posted 25 Tweets in the last 30 days.
- You must not have violated Twitter’s user agreement or Content monetization standards.
- You should have enabled two-factor authentication.
Visit this page to view Twitter’s Super follows policy in detail. If you satisfy the above eligibility criteria, you can submit your application through the following steps-
- Open the Twitter app.
- Tap on your profile pic icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap on the “more” option.
- Tap on “Monetization.”
- Tap on “Super Follows.”
Where Are Super Follows Available?
Users can purchase Super Follows subscriptions on Twitter globally for iOS and Android and twitter.com in the following countries – the US, New Zealand, Canada, and Australia. Users can only interact with the Super Follows content from iOS or Android devices.
Twitter Super Follow Cost
A Twitter user who has enabled the Super Follow can set the monthly subscription price from the following amount- $2.99, $4.99, or $9.99. If you Super Follow anyone, they earn up to 97% of the amount paid to Twitter in the subscription after in-app purchase fees.
How to Become a Super Follower
You can become a super follower through a subscription link or a Twitter profile. Creators with the super follow button on their profile can send a direct invitation link (subscription link ) to super-follow them on Twitter. You can get these links from their super followers.
Follow these steps to become a super follower.
- Open the Twitter profile page of the user you want to super-follow. You can reach their profile page through the subscription link.
- If you’re already their follower, Click or tap on the “Super Follow” in the top right corner of the screen.
- If you’re not their follower, click or tap on the “Super Follows” icon alongside the “blue Follow” button at the top right end of the screen.
- You will get a preview of the content or bonus tweets and the subscription price you will be offered.
- Click or tap on Super Follow and accept the terms and conditions.
- Complete the process after purchasing the subscription.
After the transaction, Twitter receives the receipt and more information related to the purchase, such as your card’s last four digits. If any account who has activated the super follows feature deactivates their account, Twitter automatically cancels the subscription and doesn’t charge you for the next month. The amount paid for subscriptions is non-refundable, including canceled and suspended ones between a billing cycle.
How Creators Can Use Twitter Super Follows
Creators can monetize their profiles on Twitter with the help of their super followers. They can share any innovative content that feels worth it to their audience. They can use the Super follows in the following ways-
- They get the chance to publish exclusive tweets only for their subscribers to thank them for their assistance and more support in the future.
- They can share their unfiltered and unscripted thoughts.
- They can ask their super followers for more opinions and ideas.
- They can post personal replies only visible to their super followers.
- They can Create Twitter threads, post creative polls, and share links to their blogs, websites, online stores, etc.
- They can host live Twitter spaces to interact more.
How to Use Super Follows to Subscribe to Someone on Twitter
It’s straightforward. You only have to find the profile of the person you want to super follow. If you find the “super follow” button on their profile page, you can tap on it to subscribe. You get a glimpse of the bonus content you will gain after becoming a super follower. You can join through an in-app payment.
Super Follows Bring Exclusive Content to Twitter
Creators have made their super followers feel as unique, so they publish exclusive content different from the one they share for all. Look at two examples.
- Twitter username – @TarotByBronx, who is famous for her astrology advice, utilizes Super Follows to provide personalized tarot readings for her subscribers.
- Popular Makeup artist Tiara Willis delivers tutorials for skincare and makeup tips, especially for her Super Followers. She resolves the queries of her subscribers via in-depth Q&A sessions.