Twitter “lists” is a feature that lets you sort your favorite accounts and view the latest relevant content posted by them. From a business perspective, this can also be a good opportunity to monitor the latest proceedings from competitors and flourishing accounts on the platform.
Using marketing and monitoring tools like Hootsuite along with Twitter lists can provide some great insights into how your competitors are performing. Hootsuite can help you to easily monitor the industry that you’re targeting and initiate engagement with them if needed.
This tool allows you to curate a list of activists and integrate your content with theirs to get a perspective on your growth.
In this article, we will take a look at the various features of Hootsuite and answer the question as to why you would want to add someone to a Twitter list on Hootsuite. Without further ado, let’s take a look at how you can take the best advantage of Hootsuite features.
Can a Twitter list be viewed as a Hootsuite stream?
Once you save a list with various accounts on Twitter, you can connect them to Hootsuite streams to manage your presence more efficiently on the social media platform.
After you connect your Twitter lists to Hootsuite, you can schedule and automate various tasks like publishing, performance measurement, audience engagement, marking interesting conversations, and much more.
The Twitter lists can be viewed as Hootsuite streams from the intuitive dashboard on the platform. Creating a list on Twitter is essential to view streams on Hootsuite, and this can be done quite easily.
Here’s how you can create a list on Twitter.
- Log in to your Twitter account from either the mobile app or the desktop website.
- Choose any tweet from the account that you want to add to Lists.
- Besides the Tweet, tap on the three horizontal buttons to bring up several options.
- Tap on “Add/remove @Selected Account from Lists”.
- Either add the account to an already existing list or tap on “Create a List”.
- In case you’re creating a list for the first time, then fill up the fields in the options that come up.
- You can also choose whether you want to keep the list private or want it to be visible to your followers.
Why would you want to add someone to a Twitter list in Hootsuite?
Adding curated accounts to your Twitter lists can serve as a great marketing tool. Doing so lets you monitor and manage your overall presence and productivity on the social media platform.
Using your Twitter lists in Hootsuite is a great way to further alleviate the issues associated with management and scheduling on the platform. Here are some of the benefits that you can reap after adding someone to a Twitter list on Hootsuite:
- Boost Engagement with Followers and Businesses
Using Hootsuite to schedule automatic tweets in the form of videos, photos, and much more directly from this platform. These can be shared with your audience right from Hootsuite.
This can also be used to target the best times to post on Twitter to get the highest visibility.
- Improve your Scheduling Speeds
With a great marketing tool like Hootsuite, you can plan various tweet campaigns ahead of time, and thus get a competitive edge on your competitors.
Future tweets can be scheduled either before time or per day, depending on the volume and the type of your audience.
- Decide on Post Goals and Manage your Performance
Hootsuite offers a plethora of tools that can help you to find general trends among your lists and audiences. This helps to create a goal in the long run that you can follow to manage your performance on Twitter.
With Hootsuite, you can view your trends and decide which ones to focus on. Over time, you can improve your performance on Twitter by fine-tuning your content.
What is Hootsuite Platform Certification Exam?
Hootsuite Platform Certification Exam is one of the industry-leading certifications that can help you to take your Twitter game to a new level.
This course and exam can help you to use Hootsuite features to their maximum potential and learn about general social media management to keep your audience engaged.
The Hootsuite certification is also useful to showcase your skills in Social media marketing. This exam consists of 65 questions and verifies your ability to use this platform.
The overall course consists of 45 different tutorials to get you familiarized with Hootsuite and social media marketing in general.
Add Someone to your Twitter list
In this section, we will go over how to add someone to your Twitter list, either directly from Hootsuite, or using Twitter list stream preferences.
- Add someone using their user profile via Hootsuite
Follow these steps to directly add someone to Hootsuite from their user profile.
- Navigate to the top left corner of the Hootsuite dashboard and tap on your profile picture.
- Select the “Add Social Network” button to proceed.
- In the next window, select the Twitter user profile that you want to add.
- Finally, tap on the “Connect with” button and provide the correct authorizations to add the profile to Hootsuite.
- Add someone using your Twitter list stream preferences via Hootsuite
Once you have successfully created a list on Twitter, you can add it to the Hootsuite stream for further monitoring quite easily.
Here’s the procedure for how you can add a Twitter list to Hootsuite streams.
- From the Hootsuite home screen, tap on the Streams icon.
- Make a new tab named “Lists” and tap on “Add Stream”
- Next, you need to select your Twitter profile and select the “Lists” button on the right side.
- Finally, tap on “Create a New List” and enter the details that are required.
- Next, you can also choose whether you want to keep the stream private or not.
Remove someone from your Twitter list via Hootsuite
Removing an account from your Twitter lists is quite easy in Hootsuite. Follow the steps listed below to easily stop seeing tweets from a particular account on your lists.
- First, navigate to “Streams” and then open your connected Twitter list streams.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots to bring up options. This can be located above the “Search Stream”.
- Next, select “Preferences”, and once inside “Remove users”, tap on the delete button next to the account that you want to remove. Finally, tap on “OK” and then “Done”.
Do you like this news or article? Please, share it on your social media handles and let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback!