With more than 180 million users, Twitter’s popularity is increasing worldwide. Everyone from school students and office employees to celebrities accesses Twitter to stay up-to-date with the latest information.
But due to its controversial and addicting nature, Governments, offices, and school authorities block Twitter to remove the distractions or control the narrative. Many countries have banned Twitter to stop the political controversies from spreading like a fire on its platform.
If you face issues accessing Twitter in your country, your best option is a VPN. A Virtual Private Network ( VPN) hides users’ online activities by changing the current location IP address. Similarly, People use VPNs to unblock Twitter from any location without worrying about security.
Choose the best VPN service provider to get started with a VPN. To save time and effort, we have listed the 7 best VPNs for Twitter in 2022.
Does Twitter work with VPN?
Yes, easily access your Twitter account with a VPN. VPN works everywhere, even when you are traveling to a new location.
Along with unblocking Twitter access from anywhere, a VPN is the best security tool that fits compatible with all devices. A VPN provides private internet access to Twitter everywhere.
A VPN bypasses Twitter network restrictions easily by lifting the geo-blocks and social media censorship imposed by various organizations. It’s best if you have a VPN connection with secure servers. Internet providers, network administrators, and surveillance agencies will face difficulties tracking your web traffic.
The best VPNs for Twitter
With many choices available on the internet, it becomes hard to choose one VPN service provider. Our recommended Twitter VPNs commit and promise to provide the best VPN services.
Features like speed, security, total available servers, and security benefits make a significant difference.
For easy choices, we have made a list of the best VPNs to access Twitter without facing issues. They are added to these ranking orders based on the following decisive factors. All of these are tested and popular VPN servers.
- Advanced Security features.
- Easy to install and operate.
- Strong data encryption.
- Compatibility with many devices.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- High-quality streaming services.
- Many servers are available throughout the world.
- Unlimited simultaneous connections to share with friends or family members.
- Twenty-four hours of fast Customer support.
- The promise of the money-back guarantee over dissatisfaction.
Choose any one from our list. Understand in-depth the pros and cons of the 7 best VPNs for Twitter.
NordVPN has been serving people with its services for over a decade. It’s the best choice for most experts and users worldwide. It has a robust No-log policy that prevents agencies and organizations from identifying Nord users. Users can easily access Twitter for political purposes by keeping their identities anonymous.
- Value for money.
- the lightning speed with 5400+ servers in 60 countries
- Internet kill switch feature.
- Zero customer data retention policy.
- 256-bit AES protocol.
- Advanced security features like split tunneling and AES encryption send the web traffic through an encrypted tunnel.
- Unlimited access to Twitter, Netflix, HULU, Amazon Prime, and iplayer.
- Connects 6 devices simultaneously
- Available for Android, Windows, LINUX, IOS, and macOS
- Apps available for Android, Windows, iOS, Linux, macOS
- Firefox and Chrome extensions.
- 24/7 live chat support is available
- DNS leak protection
- In-build malware protection.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Comparatively more expensive than others.
- No router app
- Six simultaneous connections
- to the desktop app can be inconvenient sometimes.
Surfshark is an excellent budget-friendly VPN with stable and effective encryption features. It quickly helps bypass local restrictions on Twitter and other restricted content on the internet. It also works in China, Turkmenistan, and Nigeria.
- Fast VPN for beginners for quick twitter access.
- Very Strict no-logs policy
- 3200+ servers in 95 countries
- With advanced security features like military-grade encryption and DNS Leak protection for keeping data safely inside the encrypted tunnel.
- Connects Unlimited devices
- Fast speed servers.
- Unblocks most-streamed platforms like Netflix and Twitter.
- CleanWeb feature for protection from malware and phishing attempts.
- One subscription covers many devices.
- Compatible on devices like Android, Windows, Linux, Mac, and IOS.
- 30-day money-back guarantee.
- 24/7 customer support
- Split tunneling is not available on IOS.
- Expensive one-month subscription.
- split tunneling is not available on IOS.
- Expensive one-month subscription
Express VPN is one the best all-rounder and versatile VPN fits perfectly for accessing popular platforms.
- Quick lightning speed connectivity with Twitter.
- Easy for beginners to understand
- Access from anywhere.
- Servers in more than 90 countries, including North America and Europe.
- Private DNS
- Do not collect users’ data.
- Lightway protocol for a faster VPN connection.
- Zero IP leaks through a strict no-logs policy.
- Advanced AES encryption
- Twenty fours hours of chats and email customer support are available.
- Unlimited bandwidth.
- Unlimited access to Netflix, HULU, Disney Hotstar, Amazon Prime, and BBC iplayer.
- Split tunneling feature.
- Available for mobile phones and computers
- Firefox and Chrome extensions are available
- With military-grade encryption policies
- Connects 3 devices at a time.
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Quite expensive VPN
- Only connects 3 devices at a time.
- No port-forwarding
Cyberghost is a Romania-based VPN service provider with dedicated servers for ultimate online privacy. They allow accessing 7 device connections at a time. Say goodbye to buffering, proxy errors, and ISP throttling with speedy networks. They have an official policy that helps them commit to users’ zero data retention. CyberGhost incorporates 256-bit and 2,048-bit RSA keys to prevent your data from exposure to third parties and government authorities.
- More than 7500 VPN servers worldwide
- Reliable service.
- Relatively less expensive than others.
- Quickly provides access to popular blocked sites like YouTube, Netflix, WhatsApp, Instagram, Tinder, Prime Video, BBC iPlayer, and many games and news sites.
- Tight No Logs Policy
- AES 256-bit encryption
- WireGuard® protocols for ultra-fast lightning speed.
- The automatic kill switch feature
- IP and DNS leak protection.
- Unlimited bandwidth
- P2P torrenting allowed.
- It fits compatible with smart TVs and tandem routers.
- Firefox and Chrome extensions are available.
- 45-day money-back guarantee
- 24/7 Customer Support service via live chat and mail
- Connect up to 7 devices simultaneously.
- Apps are available for PC, Windows, LINUX, Androids, and more.
- Not recommended for use in Egypt, China, and UAE.
- WebRTC IPv6 leak in macOS
- No stealth servers
- extensive website tracking
IPVanish provides the highest privacy standards to its users worldwide. IPVanish keeps its user’s data safe and protected at all times.
- Unlimited devices, simultaneous connections
- Lightning-fast speed for an effortless Twitter experience
- Logless VPN ( doesn’t stores online activity of users)
- Encryption standards include 256-bit encryption, SHA512 authentication, and DHE-RSA 2,048-bit key for uncrackable security.
- One thousand three hundred server networks across 75 US, Canada, and Europe countries.
- Easy set-up on all devices.
- Zero traffic logs.
- Apps for Android, IOS, LINUX, and macOS.
- internet kill switch included
- 30 days free trial
- Connect unlimited devices.
- Protects from ISP tracking.
- High-speed servers in 50 countries.
- No live customer support service is available
- No money-back guarantee.
- Apps do not work in China.
- Browser extensions are not available.
VyprVPN is an effortless security VPN server that differs from other VPNs in its data retention policy. It records users’ Current IP addresses, assigned VyprVPN IP address, total bytes used, and connection starting and stopping time only for 30 days.
There is no harm to users’ online policy as it collects data only to improve its service and resolve troubleshooting issues. It has the industry’s most challenging encryption protocols that prevent data exposure to outside organizations.
Users can also opt for a new chameleon feature that makes it very difficult to identify your IP address.
- Seven hundred servers across the globe.
- Wireguard Protocol for tight security and privacy.
- Independently audited no-logs policy.
- Secure quick connections.
- Encrypts internet connection
- OpenVPN protocol, 2,048-bit RSA keys, and 256-bit AES encryption to secure information.
- internet kill switch
- unblocking capabilities works in China
- 30-day money-back guarantee
- Unlimited streaming to other restricted websites.
- Apps are available for Androids, Windows, Mac, IOS, routers, Chrome OS, Kodi, and Qnap.
- Stream restricted shows, sports, news channels, and movies anywhere.
- Less advanced security features
- Doesn’t accept cryptocurrency payments.
- Only allows 3 device connections at a time.
In the beginning, Zenmate started its service by offering free VPN for chrome extensions. Zenmate uses military-grade encryption, making its connection highly unbreakable even from the most skilled hackers.
Users can opt for a 14-day free trial before buying their paid subscription.
- Servers are spread across 81 countries.
- Unlimited device connections.
- A policy that promises Zero data storage.
- 128-bit AES encryption for data encryption.
- 14-day free trial.
- Smooth browsing and video streaming.
- Apps are available for Android, Android, Windows, Linux, iPhone, Chrome, macOS, firefox, and opera.
- Automatic kill-switch feature.
- 30 days money-back guarantee.
- Customer service Support is available only via mail.
- Comparably slow with other VPNs.
- Cases of DNS leaks were reported.
How To Choose VPNs that Unblock Twitter
Choosing a non-reliable and less secure system can land the user in trouble. All VPN providers are not that easy to trust. Choose a secure connection if you want to avoid facing privacy and data breach issues.
Free providers are not worth trusting when it comes to security.
When choosing a VPN provider, look for all the below-listed attributes and features to enjoy internet freedom.
The 7 best VPNs have all these features, making them the choice of internet savvies worldwide. Browse Twitter without any tension.
Tons of server locations
Nobody enjoys a buffering screen that turns off the mood. Many servers in multiple locations make it easy to access restricted sites with fast speed in any location.
Many servers mean a wide range of servers to choose from. Fast speed depends on how many servers a vpn provider has worldwide.
Fast speed means unlimited streaming to restricted sites, games, and videos on unlimited mobile devices and computers. A free VPN slows down the speed of browsing. Look for the number of server locations provided by VPN services.
Watertight security ensures solid online privacy for users’ information.
Water security includes protocols like wireguard, IKEv2, OpenVPN, AES encryption, and Zero IP and DNS leaks. These protocols help secure users’ location, login activity, personal information, sensitive data, and browsing history.
Check from websites and past reviews whether all these features are present in a VPN
Advanced privacy features
Advanced privacy features that a VPN should have are split tunneling, kill-switch, port forwarding, malware protection, and ad blocking. To securely access Twitter is a country where it’s blocked; All these ensure complete security.
Apps for all platforms
A versatile VPN allows using a VPN on all devices like Windows, macOS, iOS, LINUX, Android, Firestick devices, and routers. To make the best experience, Some VPNs also have chrome and firefox extensions. People use various devices to access Twitter.
Outstanding customer care
People face problems in installing VPNs. Even after installing, users are unable to connect with servers. Looking for services that provide quick 24/7 hours chat and email customer support is essential. Users prefer these providers while buying.
Choose servers that are accessible everywhere. People travel to schools, colleges, offices, and vacations. A person loves to explore more platforms other than Twitter.
Paid VPN subscription involves access to international platforms like Netflix, Prime video, online casino sites, and video games.
A no-logs policy
With a no-logs policy, a VPN commits that it will track your actions on the internet. Under this, a company strictly protects users’ data from the eyes of public and private organizations. They never sell your data for their profit.
Should I use a free VPN to unblock Twitter?
It’s self-evident for people to think why buy expensive paid VPN subscriptions when free options are readily available. Using VPNs free services comes with many inevitable risks and security flaws.
In the past, Free VPNs were caught tracking users’ cookies and data and selling personal information to third parties.
Helpful security features are absent.
- Fast speeds.
- Strong data encryption
- Compatible with multiple devices.
- All-time customer support.
- A limited number of servers.
- Strong privacy protocols
- Limited bandwidth
- data caps
Nothing comes free. Using a free version can cost you a loss of valuable data.
How do I use Twitter on a VPN?
First, set a VPN on any device, steps are straightforward and easy.
Steps to unblock Twitter with a VPN:
- Choose a paid VPN service that can unblock Twitter. We have recommended the 7 Best VPNs. Choose anyone.
- Download its VPN app.
- For Android, download the app from the google play store.
- iPhone users download from the apple play store.
- Open the app.
- Browse the server locations.
- Select a server/location near you or doesn’t have a blocking history.
- Use Twitter like you usually would at any place you like.
Check your new IP address. Make sure to clean your cache and cookies of the browser and Twitter app before turning on the VPN. If you face problems connecting further, connect with customer support service.
Why is Twitter blocked?
All these can be the reasons for your blocked Twitter.
Social Media Censorship – Your country has blocked to stop the flow of information among its citizens. They fear of arising protests and chaos due to the controversial nature of Twitter. Nigeria is the latest country to block Twitter.
Institutional blocks: Offices and Schools block twitter to prevent students from wasting their valuable time scrolling Social media platforms like Twitter and Facebook. They consider these platforms as distractions.
Geo-blocks– Twitter bans itself in some countries for following their local laws.
Twitter VPN FAQ
We have provided the possible explanations to all the frequently asked questions about accessing the giant social media platform Twitter.
Can I access Twitter when it’s blocked without a VPN?
Yes, a Twitter proxy is made to fulfill this exact purpose. A Twitter proxy also hides the IP address. A VPN is the best option as it adds a strong encryption layer to users’ data. If you send and receive personal information, especially with public WIFI, A VPN is the safest option.
Can I Use Twitter in China?
Yes, the VyprVPN server works in China. You can use Weibo. Posts are monitored on this platform.
Will I get banned from Twitter for using a VPN?
No, Twitter policies help people exercise their freedom of speech without fear. VPN services remain the same for all accessible locations. A VPN is not biased. It’s not the concern of Twitter which method people use to access its services.
Should I use Twitter on a VPN?
Yes, You can use Twitter on a VPN to escape regional restrictions. It’s not illegal to use VPN. If a VPN is also banned, Then it can be illegal.
What do I do if Twitter is blocked in my country?
Use a VPN for unblocking Twitter. Pick any VPN for the above options based on Pros and Cons.
Which VPN is free for Twitter?
Some free VPNs to access Twitter are-
1. Proton VPN
2. Privado VPN
5. Hotspot Shield Free
6. Atlas VPN
7. Urban VPN
Why is my Twitter not working even with VPN?
Even if your Twitter does not work with a VPN, there can be any of these reasons.
- An IP address is leaking.
- Device incompatibility with the chosen VPN.
- You have not cleared your cookies before turning on the VPN.
- Your VPN is not efficient in bypassing the restrictions.
- There are high chances that the VPN service is also banned in your area.
Contact customer care to resolve your issues, or Try accessing with a different server.
Which free VPN is best?
Proton VPN is the best Free VPN available. It provides unlimited monthly data limits. Proton VPN has a zero log policy, and other security features like custom DNS, split tunneling, and data leak protection make it the best free VPN.
How do I change my Twitter VPN?
Choose from many options available. If you are unsatisfied with one VPN, stay patient and look for other reliable options.
We can conclude that all VPNs are the best in terms of their services. Everyone is not for you. Choose the one that suits your budget. NordVPN, Surfshark, and Expressvpn are the top three VPNs that best fit everyone’s needs.
Don’t waste your time by relying on free VPNs. In the end, privacy and data safety matters most to all users. A VPN is the best choice for unblocking Twitter.