Instagram stories are a hit amongst all Instagram users. One of the most important features of stories is that you can customize them to your liking. You can even change the background color of your story.
So say goodbye to plain old monochrome backgrounds on Instagram stories. It’s time o spice things up. With our tricks and techniques, you can create unique, visually appealing stories with various vibrant colors.
So what are you waiting for? We have everything you are looking for on how to change the background color on the Instagram story. Dive with us into the world of Instagram story colors.
Why Should You Change the Background Color on Your Instagram Story?
Colors have a special significance in the lives of human beings. People are fascinated with colors because they tend to evoke emotions, set moods, and give a new perception of our surroundings. Thus, it is no surprise that creating colorful stories on Instagram will impact your followers.
Changing the background color makes you stand out from the rest. It makes your stories visually interesting, creates a consistent aesthetic, and creates your distinct social media presence.
So, it’s worth experimenting with different background colors to find the right one that best conveys your message and captures your followers’ attention.
Particularly there are two primary reasons you should change the background color on your Instagram day:
1. Get More Clicks
People eventually get bored of seeing the same things. So if you add dull, plain backgrounds to your stories, they are bound to get tired of it. This means they might not interact with your stories.
By incorporating colors in your Instagram story, you can make your content more noticeable. This will stimulate your followers to engage with it. This would eventually result in an increase in clicks, swipes, and overall engagement for your story.
2. Show More Creativities
By varying the background color on your Instagram story, you can showcase your creativity and differentiate yourself from others. Experimentation with elements can create a visually striking and memorable story that accurately reflects your brand’s identity and draws in new followers.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story if It Has an Image or Video
If you are uploading an image or video that does not cover the entire screen, some color will be visible in the background. You can change this color to make it visually appealing. Here’s How to change the Background color on the Instagram story if It has an image or video:
- Open Instagram and “Login” to your account.
- In the top left corner, locate the “Your Story” icon. Tap on it to create a story.
- Now add the image/ video you want to upload by swiping it up on the screen.
- Once done, you will see “three dots” in the top right corner of the screen. Tap and choose “Draw”.
- Different colors will be visible at the bottom of the screen, and various tools will be at the top. From the top, select the first option or the left-most option, and from the bottom, choose the color you want.
- Now tap and hold on to the screen for about two seconds until the background color changes.
- Now, once again, from the tools available at the top of the screen, choose the second option from the right, which is the “Eraser.” using the easer, clear the color from your photo or video.
Just like that, you can change the background color. However, be patient and careful while doing this, as it is no cakewalk. Proceed slowly if it seems difficult at first.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story With the Create Tool
Ever wondered if you can change the background color on an Instagram story with the creation tool? Well, the answer is Yes, you can.
There is not only one way to change the color of your Instagram story. With the create tool, you can make your stories interactive and interesting. Here’s all you need to do:
- Open Instagram and “login” to your account.
- Now you will see the homepage. Swipe right and then select the “Aa” icon available on the left-hand side of the screen.
- After that, in the bottom right corner, you will see a small circle filled with similar colors as on your screen. Tap on it to choose various background colors constantly until you find the right one for you.
- Once done, create your story as per your needs using stickers or text and then “Share” it.
One thing you will notice after creating your story is that there is a “Draw” option available from the “three-dot menu” in the top right corner. You can also use it to change the color if you like. Follow all the steps we have stated in the previous heading, and you are good to go.
How to Change Background Color on Instagram Story When Reposting
Reposting stories on Instagram is a common activity. However, you might think that as you are not the original creator, you must post the story as it is. Well, you can add a little bit of your creativity and even change the background color. This is how to change the background color on your Instagram story when reposting:
- Open Instagram and make sure you are logged in.
- Locate the story in which you have been tagged by a friend and choose” Add it to your story”.
- You will see color options at the bottom of the screen. Choose anyone you want.
- You can also use the “dropper” tool to set the color. Tap and drag the dropper to the color you want as your background. Once you do that, it will select and change the color, and voila! Your story now looks even more appealing.
Tips: Set Your Images as the Instagram Story Background
Wait, did you think that was all we had to offer? Well, we have some more suggestions for you to brighten up your Instagram. You can not only change the background color on your Instagram story but also set your images as the Instagram story background. This will appeal more to your stories and surely increase your popularity.
This is all you are required to do:
- Open Instagram and then your account. Choose “Your Story” on the homepage in the top left corner.
- Now swipe up to select an image and set it as the background. You can even add “filters” by swiping right on the screen.
- Now customize your story by adding texts, stickers, gifs, or even more photos using Instagram’s features.
We guarantee your stories will become a hit with your followers this way. This is a tip that will elevate your story game and make them impressionable in the minds of users.
Now you know everything about changing colors in stories. It is an interesting tool for creating engaging and appeal-worthy stories.
Most importantly, different straightforward ways will up your story game. Remember to put your aesthetics and creativity in the stories, which will definitely attract attention. We hope all our tips here will be of use to you. Happy Instagramming!
Do you like this news or article? Please, share it on your social media handles and let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback!