If you want to find “how to clear Instagram cache,” you are at the right place. This article describes step-by-step instructions to clear cache from Instagram data on Android, iOS, and computers. Read until the end to find the answers to some common queries regarding the Instagram cache.
Just like other apps, Instagram stores cache data in the form of temporary files inside your device. If you access Instagram regularly, it becomes essential to clear your app cache frequently to use it smoothly. The methods to clear the Instagram cache are easy to implement.
Should I clear my Instagram cache?
With time, Instagram starts piling up the cache data. Increased cache files can slow down your device’s speed and affect its performance. Slowly, your Instagram feed will start uploading very slowly or refresh late. In worse situations, you will encounter issues uploading pictures and videos to your feed.
You will face problems in using multiple apps at once on your device. This will affect your personal experience of using the Instagram app. If you are facing all these issues, It is wise to clear the Instagram cache from the account to increase the storage space.
How To Clear Instagram Cache on iOS and Android devices
The steps to clear the Instagram cache differ for iOS and Android devices. Before clearing cache files, save all your essential files.
iOS users must delete the Instagram app and then reinstall it again. Apple users must use the same method of deleting the app from iPhone storage.
Steps to clear the Instagram cache on iOS devices.
- Search for the Instagram app icon on your home screen. You can search from the apps list in the mobile settings.
- Once located, press the app icon for some time on the home screen until the menu appears next to it. You can wait till you view all the rest apps jiggling around it.
- Tap on the “minus” icon visible on the top-right side of the Instagram app.
- You can choose “Remove” from the available options in the menu.
- Further, you will be asked again for confirmation to delete the app. Tap on “delete app.”
- Ensure to disable the backup of iCloud to avoid restoring the Instagram app.
- You can log in to your Instagram account anytime by reinstalling it.
For an Android device, we will discuss two methods to delete cache data. The good news is you won’t have to delete the app. All the locally stored data gets removed instantly.
Method 1 – We will use the in-built button to clear the cache.
- Open the “settings” section on your mobile device.
- Scroll down. Search for the “Apps” button and tap it.
- Select the ‘Manage Apps.’
- Search for “Instagram” on the apps list.
- Open the App info page.
- Tap on “Storage.”
- Select the option “Cache.”
- Tap on “Clear cache.”
Method 2 – Using this method, you can clear Instagram cache directly from its app.
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Tap on your “profile” icon from the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the three horizontal lines icon (menu) in the top-right corner.
- Select the “Your Activity” option.
- Scroll down and select “Recent Searches.”
- Tap on “clear Search history” to delete the cache memory.
Clear Instagram’s Cache on Your Computer
Follow the below steps to clear the Instagram cache on the computer and web browser. The second way is to clear your browser cached files.
- Open the Instagram.com.
- Click on your “profile picture” icon.
- Then, Select the “Settings.”
- From there, Tap on the “Privacy and Security.”
- Click on the “View Account Data.”
- Head to the “Account Activity” setting.
- Inside the “Search history” section, click on the “View all” option.
- Select “Clear search history.”
- Give your final confirmation by clicking on “clear all.”
What Does Clearing Instagram Cache Do?
Clearing the Instagram cache is slightly different from the clear data. After clearing cached data, you reset the Instagram app. It looks the same as when you use it for the time.
You start exploring the app and Instagram and, with time, store all the data based on your activity. Clearing the cache means deleting the saved app data, settings, and preferences. You don’t lose all data.
Clearing the Instagram cache results in the following benefits.
- Speedups the loading efficiency of Instagram posts on its app.
- Your device speed increases, and you can efficiently use multiple apps simultaneously.
- You can post high-quality videos in less time.
- You will free up the storage space in your device.
- Useful for users with less storage space.
- The Instagram app’s functionality will enhance.
Will Clearing Cache on Instagram Delete Everything?
No, many users have doubts about what happens after deleting Instagram’s cache. When you clear the cache, all the files that Instagram saves on your device get deleted. Your account information doesn’t get affected. Instagram saves everything you like; search on its app.
The following information disappears from your Instagram account.
- Your search history.
- Your downloaded images, Instagram stories, and videos will be deleted. You will have to download all the media once again.
- Data about your hashtags and favorite accounts. Instagram saves this to enhance your experience based on your interest.
The following data will remain the same on your Instagram account.
- Your posted images, reels, videos, and account information.
When you delete the cache data from your device settings, All your pictures and videos will be deleted from your mobile. We strongly advise you to save all the essential media before stepping into the process of clearing your Instagram cache.
Yes, cache clearing will reset your app to new, resulting in losing some data. So learning and implementing the appropriate method for your device will only reduce issues and technical glitches. Your app will work faster than before.
Use these steps to delete unnecessary files today. It’s your call whether to delete your Instagram cache files.