As long as you have a contact number, you can easily find, text, and call them on WhatsApp. Condition, they should have installed WhatsApp on their smartphone too!
With over 2.24 billion users, WhatsApp has already aced the race of instant messaging and calls. Now, users can take the messaging and call their known people at the cost of their mobile data.
In this article, we will help you gain a deep and detailed understanding of how you can find someone on WhatsApp using your iPhone and Android devices.
And what can you do to find someone from another country? This article is a package of helpful information. So do mind reading it till the end!
How to find someone on WhatsApp using your iPhone
Fortunately, iPhone users can scroll down their chats list and message or call someone instantly using WhatsApp. The condition is you must have saved their number before searching for them.
Here you can find someone on WhatsApp using your iPhone by following the sequential steps below:
- Open your device and search WhatsApp among the apps in the main Menu.
- Tap on the anti-directional blue-colored icons at the bottom of your chats page.
- Tap the “Compose” button from the upper corner to bring all chats.
- Tap on the person you wish to contact. Or, search their saved name from the search bar.
- Type “Hi!” and send by tapping the arrow icon present.
NOTE: Once you start the conversation with someone, it will remain on your chat page until you delete them on your own.
If you haven’t saved their number on your iPhone, here you can save them immediately and later text them on WhatsApp:
- Type Keypad on your iPhone.
- Enter a contact number and tap to create a new contact.
- Now go back to WhatsApp and follow the above-mentioned steps to find the saved contact number.
How to find someone on WhatsApp using your Android
Android WhatsApp users are willing to chat and call anyone! Similar to iPhone, Android users have to save their contact numbers in their phones before searching for them on the app.
Here we have illustrated the detailed steps to initiate your chat journey on WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp from the apps menu.
- Tap on the little green icon to open the list of saved contacts.
- Tap on the search icon in the upper-right corner of the page.
- Type the contact name or enter the contact number to search for the person.
- Tap on the name (recognize them from the profile picture)
- Type a message and send it through the green arrow icon on the right side.
If you have not saved their number in the phone, you can save it through WhatsApp:
- Open WhatsApp and tap the bottom right green icon on the chat page.
- Tap on “New contact.”
- Enter contact number and name > Save the number.
- Go back to WhatsApp and search for the contact to start a conversation.
How can I find someone on WhatsApp without their number?
Fortunately, there are a few ways to find someone on WhatsApp without their contact number saved on your device. No doubt that WhatsApp is one of the first choices when a person thinks of an IP app to connect with people. But where you can contact someone through a name on other platforms, WhatsApp strictly needs a contact number to connect on!
So, is there a way for people to connect without actually having contact numbers? Don’t worry because we get your cover! Here are a few ways to find someone on WhatsApp without their numbers:-
(a) Ask Your Friends Circle!
The easiest way to contact someone is through your joint friends. For example, if you are in search of a college friend, in that case, you can ask a mutual friend! Once you find the person’s contact number, save it and text them on WhatsApp.
(b) Social Media Platforms!
These days most people use famous social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter. You can search for them on these. You can then ask for their contact number and save it for future conversations.
(c) Business Websites!
If the person is an owner of a prestigious company or is a business tycoon, you can get their number easily. You have to search for their company or business, and scroll down the official website. You can find their official contact details on the About us or the Contact us page!
(d) Google Search Engine
You can search for a professional LinkedIn recruiter or business owner on Google Search Engine. Google helps you gain complete professional knowledge of a particular person with their official (office-work) contact details.
To search for someone on Google, follow the given steps:-
- Open your Chrome
- Type Google and search for a person
- Click on their profile or website.
- Obtain the mentioned contact number and contact them through WhatsApp messenger.
(e) Truecaller App
If you have a premium plan, you can find someone by entering their Name and location. The only condition is the person should make their contact details visible to others.
You can find someone on Truecaller through the illustrated steps:
- Open your Truecaller app.
- Enter a name on the Search bar and then Tap on the “Search in Truecaller”
- Scroll down the name’s list by tapping the “Show more” option
- Recognize the name depending on the location of the person.
- On finding, tap on “Copy” and save the number on WhatsApp.
(f) Background Check Engines
Nowadays, you can find someone’s contact details using a few reverse lookup websites to search for someone online. These would help in gathering information based on the available details.
- Open Kiwi website
- Tap on the search bar and enter the name of the person
- Tap on “State” and select from the dropdown menu.
- Tap on the name and select “Continue” to the warning.
- Copy the contact number and save it on WhatsApp for messaging.
(ii) Number Tracker Pro
- Open Google Chrome
- Type Number Tracker Pro and click on the official website
- Tap on “Sign up” under the Get started written.
- Enter the required details.
- Tap on “Sign up” and search the phone numbers with the location of the contact holder.
- Save the number on WhatsApp and contact them.
NOTE: Number Tracker Pro is a paid service that allows you to find a number with the location of the person.
How to Find Someone on Whatsapp by Name?
You can easily find someone on WhatsApp by their saved name. You have to save the contact number of the person. Later, you can search for them on WhatsApp to message them.
To find someone on WhatApp by name, follow the given details:
- Open your WhatsApp
- Tap on the little green message icon on the bottom right corner of the chats page.
- Tap on the “Search” icon at the top of the page.
- Type in the saved name.
- Select the name and start texting. You can send a voice message or call them too.
How to Find Someone on Whatsapp From Another Country?
WhatsApp users can connect with people from all over the world (except the countries where WhatsApp is banned). Before knowing how to find someone on WhatsApp from another country you have to save their number in your phone.
That person should have installed WhatsApp to connect better with you! To find a foreign friend on WhatsApp, use the given ways:
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap on the green icon at the bottom right of the chats page.
- Tap on the “Search” icon in the top right corner.
- Type a name you wish to connect with.
- Tap on the name and type a message on your private conversation page.
- Send the message by tapping the green arrow button on the right side.
This comprehensive article has presented detailed knowledge on how can you find someone on WhatsApp using your iPhone or Android device. By operating a few more reverse websites,
you can search for someone without having a contact number. To find someone by their name, you must save their number before finding them on WhatsApp.
You can find international friends if you have their number in WhatsApp contacts. For further details and a few more information read this complete article.