Social media can be a tricky world and you do not always want everyone to know everything. Your followers list might be one of those things you want to conceal from the world.
If you are looking for the answer to how to hide your followers on Instagram, we have prepared a guide for you.
Please note you might not be able to particularly hide the followers with a click of a button. Albeit, there are other tricks and methods which we are pretty sure will be useful to you.
Can You Hide Your Own Followers on Instagram?
No, you cannot hide your followers on Instagram. They are publicly visible and cannot be concealed. However, you can choose who gets to see your followers list. This means you can make your account ‘Private’ from ‘Public’. If your account is set to public view, people who are not even your followers can also see who are following you.
Once you make your account private, only approved people will follow you. This means only a handful of people you chose get to see who is on your followers list. Not only this they will be the only ones who will get to see the content you post and not everyone.
If you are unsure how to make your Instagram private, we have your back.
Follow these steps to make your account private using your mobile application:
- Log in to Instagram: Open Instagram on your mobile and make sure you have logged into your account.
- Go to your profile: On your homepage, you will see your profile icon at the bottom right corner. Tap on it to open your profile page.
- Open settings: On your profile page, tap on the three-line icon at the top right corner of your screen. Select “Settings” followed by “Privacy”.
- On the top of your screen, you will see a slider next to the option “Private Account”.
- Tap on the slider to make your account private.
If you are using a laptop or computer, you can make your account private by these steps:
- Open Instagram and log in to your account.
- Thereafter, select the ‘More’ option next to the three lines icon, at the bottom left corner.
- Go to “Settings” followed by “Privacy and Security”.
- Make sure to check the box next to the option “Private Account” to make your account private.
Now, your account is private and you get to choose your community. They only will have access to your account including your followers.
How to Hide Your Followers on Instagram From Friends Only
If someone is added as your friend on a private account, they will have access to your followers list by default. You cannot hide it. The only thing you can do is unfriend them or remove them from your account.
Here’s how to remove someone from your list of followers/ friends:
- Open Instagram and ensure you are logged in.
- On the homepage, tap on your “Profile Picture” at the bottom right corner.
- On your profile page, open the list of “Followers”.
- Search or scroll to reach the name of the person you want to remove from your account.
- You will see next to their name there is a button to “Remove” them. Tap on it.
- A pop-up will appear to reconfirm whether you want to truly remove them. Click “Remove” once again, and they will be removed from your account.
We hope you got the answer to how to hide your followers on Instagram from friends only. Doing this will not hide your followers list from all your firns but just from the friend who has been removed. Also please note, the person will not be able to see anything on your account once you have removed them.
I Can See My Followers on Instagram
Well, Instagram will always allow you to see your account’s followers. You can also decide whether you want someone to access your account and your followers’ list. If you feel you don’t want somebody to access your followers list, make your account private.
This way only people you add to your account will get to see the name of people who follow you. If you don’t want to make it public, block such people from your Instagram account. We have listed all these in detail. So if you want to do either of these things, read the complete guide.
And if you are looking for the answer to how I can see my followers on Instagram, here’s what you need to do:
- Open Instagram in the mobile app or web browser.
- “Login” to your account.
- Locate your profile. If you are on your mobile, on the homepage, tap on your profile picture in the bottom right corner.
If you are on the web browser, you will see the “Profile” option in the left-hand corner slightly above the “ More” option. Tap on it to open your profile.
- You will see on your profile page, there is a number of your “Followers” displayed. Tap on it to see the names of your followers.
Simple isn’t it? If you also want to see your following list, it will be visible on your profile page. Just follow the steps and you will locate it.
How to Hide Following on Instagram From Friends
Ever wondered how to hide following on Instagram from friends? Well if they are added to your account, you cannot hide them unless you Remove them or block them from your account.
Here’s how you can do either of these things:
- Remove a friend: Login to Instagram> Go to your profile> Open your” Followers” list> “Search” the name of the friend in the search bar>Tap on “Remove” next to their name> In the pop-up window, choose “remove”, once again.
- Block a friend: Login to Instagram> Tap on “Search”>Search the name of the person>Choose their profile>Locate” three-dots” in the top right corner>Block.
How to Hide Your Followers on Instagram Without a Private Account
Are you a person who doesn’t want a private account and still wants to hide followers?
Then you might be searching for how to hide your followers on Instagram without a private account.
Unfortunately, you cannot hide your followers in a public account at all. After all, it is “Public” for a reason. Everyone would be able to see who your followers are. The only option left with you is to restrict the people who can see your followers by blocking unwanted people.
The people you block from your account will not be able to see your account or anything associated with it on Instagram until you unblock them.
Here’s how you can block someone from your account using the Instagram app on your mobile:
- On the Instagram homepage, click on the “Search” button. Yes, we are talking about the one with magnifying glass icon.
- Tap the name of the person you want to block on the search bar and open their profile.
- Click on the “three dots icon” in the top right corner. From the menu, select the option “Block”.
- Instagram will show you a pop-up asking whether you want to block just the “selected account” or “all accounts that the user has or may create later”. Choose the suitable option and tap on “ Block”.
Who Can See My Followers on Instagram
If you have a public account, then everyone using Instagram, unless you have blocked them, can see your followers. People you have added to your account can see your followers list if it is a private account.
If you want to make any changes, scroll above and follow the methods to ensure only the people you choose can see your followers list.
Now you don’t need to stress about everyone seeing your Instagram followers. Well, there is no automatic button to hide your followers. With this guide, however, you can control who gets to see it. Follow everything listed and you have nothing to worry about.
Do you like this news or article? Please, share it on your social media handles and let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback!