Instagram now allows you to create a playlist of your favorite songs. Sounds unbelievable, right? With its save music feature, you can add all the trending, new, or old songs to your collection. Moreover, you can also use the audio in your posts, stories, or reels.
This guide will tell you all about how to save music on Instagram and even more about how to use it. Let’s get started.
How to Save Songs on Instagram Story
Presently Instagram does not allow you to save audio from other’s stories. It will only allow you to see the song details.
And if you want to save songs along with your Instagram story to your device, you cannot do it using Instagram. However, you can use third-party apps to do the same. You can use websites like story saver to save songs on Instagram story.
Here’s how to do it for a public account:
- Type “storysaver.net” on the URL bar on a web browser.
- Once the website opens, enter your username in the search option.
- Verify the captcha.
- You will see your existing stories. Tap on “Save”.
- Download it and access it on your device.
For private accounts, download the app from app stores. Log in and follow the above steps to save the story.
You can also use alternatives like” IG story download” or “Stories IG”.
How to Save Music to Favorites on Instagram
Not sure about how to save music to favorites on Instagram? Here’s all you need to do:
- Log in to your Instagram account.
- Locate the post or video you want to save music from.
- On the post, you will notice the name of the song displayed. If it is a reel it will be visible at the bottom. If it is other than a reel, it is usually displayed on the top of the post. Tap on the song.
- In the ensuing screen, you will see the option to “Save Audio”. Tap on it.
- The music is now saved to your favorites on Instagram.
How to Save Music on Instagram Business Account
Whether it is a personal or business account, the procedure to save music is the same. Here’s how to save Music on your Instagram Business Account:
Login> Locate the reel or post>Tap on the name of the song> Save Audio
This will you audio will be saved to your collection and you can use it anytime you create content.
How to Save Music on Instagram Reels
The easiest method to save music is from Instagram reels. Reels are all about different trending songs as it helps users to make their content reach a wide audience. Let’s learn all about how to save music on Instagram reels:
- Open the Instagram app and “Login” to your account.
- On the homepage, you will see five icons at the bottom of your screen. Tap the middle option to open reels. It is right to the “Magnifying glass” Icon.
- After opening the reels section, you can scroll to see different kinds of reels on the app.
- At the bottom, you will see the song’s name displayed.
- Tap on the song and it will open a new screen. You will see the option to “Save Audio” on the top and different reels featuring the same song at the bottom. Tap on “Save Audio” and it is now added to your saved collection.
How to Save Instagram Music to Phone
Have you ever wondered how to save Instagram music to your phone? Well, you cannot directly do it from Instagram as it does not allow it. People usually use third-party apps or websites to export audio from Instagram to their devices.
One of the common ways that people use to save music to phones is through third-party apps/websites like “offmp3.com”. Here’s how you can do it too:
- Open Instagram and ensure you are logged in.
- Go to the video or reel whose music you want to copy.
- Tap the “three-dot” button and copy the link to the video. You can copy the link from the URL bar if you are on a laptop/PC.
- Go to any third-party websites like “offmp3.com”.
- There you will see a box in which you will have to paste the copied link.
- Choose “Download”. Once the website completes the conversion, you must tap “Click Here”.
- The download will either start automatically or Ii there’s a pop-up window, press “download” again.
- Once completed, the audio is saved on your device.
Some other alternatives you can use are sites like kapwing or Open4ins. Please be careful in using any such websites, and do not download any corrupt or wrong files. Also, ensure you are not violating any of Instagram’s guidelines, or your account will be suspended.
Instagram Saved Audio Not Showing
Several times you may discover that Instagram saved audio is not showing. It may happen for a lot of reasons. Do not stress we will guide you on how to solve these issues:
- Internet Connectivity: Ensure you have a stable internet connection for the app to work properly.
- Cache: Clear the app cache from settings might help sometimes.
- Install updates- Go to the app store and check if any updates are available for Instagram. Sometimes, the audio might not be visible when updates are not installed. Ensure all the updates are installed.
- Report to Instagram: If you believe a glitch is causing an error, report it to Instagram so that they can take appropriate steps to resolve it.
Sometimes there might also happen that Instagram removes certain audio. If that is the case, sadly, nothing can be done.
Why Can’t I Use Saved Audio on Instagram Story
It might be a bug or glitch if you cannot use the saved audio. Ensure you have a proper internet connection. Besides, installing recent updates and clearing the cache can sometimes help you.
If nothing seems to work out, contact Instagram to report the issue. It might also happen that Instagram has removed certain audio from the platform for whatever reason. If you want to add audio to your content, you can try using third-party apps, but no guarantee that will work.
How to Use Saved Audio on Instagram Story
You have saved the audio, but now you don’t know how to add it to your story. There is nothing to worry about. These are the steps you need to follow to use saved audio on an Instagram story:
- Ensure you are logged in on the Instagram app.
- Swipe left and use the “Create” option to create a story.
- After choosing the desired photo or video, you want to post, swipe up. You will see a list of options to choose from.
- Scroll to find the” Music” option/ sticker. Clicking on it will open Instagram’s music library.
- From there navigate to the “Saved Audio” Option. Please note Instagram might have disabled this option for some regions. Saved audio is only allowed for reels sometimes. In that case, your best bet is to search for the name of the song.
- Once you have located your desired audio, tap on it. It will be now added to your story and you can adjust the music sticker as per your need.
- Share your story with the song.
If you cannot use audio on Instagram after following all the above steps, it might be a glitch or error. Use all the methods we have stated above to solve glitches.
If the problem still persists, this is probably due to Instagram’s policy and hardly anything can be done about that.
Why Can’t I Save a Song on Instagram?
Are you looking for the answer to why can’t I save a song on Instagram? It is due to any of these reasons:
- Copyright issue: Some audios are restricted due to copyright violations and thus can’t be saved.
- Regional update: Instagram might have made an update for your region that does not allow saving music. Unfortunately, nothing can be done to solve that if that is the case.
- Restricted Account: If your account is restricted for any reason, some functionality might not work for you, and saving audio might be one of them.
- Technical issue: If it is a glitch, you might not be able to save audio. Scroll above to see some of the solutions we have listed to resolve the same.
- Song has been removed: Instagram might occasionally remove certain audio from the platform. This may be the reason you can’t save the audio.
How Do I Add Music to My Gallery on Instagram and Save It?
Unfortunately, Instagram does not allow users to save their posts with music to the gallery. We advise you to use third-party apps for the same.
Now use these third-party apps to save music. This is all you have to do:
- Open your chosen website or install the chosen app.
- Login with your Instagram username.
- You can see your posted stories, reels, or posts.
- Tap on any of your posts and download them.
- It will be saved with music to your gallery.
Can You Add Music to Instagram Library?
You cannot add music directly from your device to Instagram. However, some third-party apps might help you do the same. You will have to edit your post using other apps to add your music to Instagram.
Some of these apps to use are Google Photos or Inshot. You can download it from app stores and add your music to your posts. Make sure you are using copyrighted songs or Instagram can remove your post if there is any violation.