With Twitter’s latest Tips Jar feature, users can send money to people to provide assistance and support for their contribution to Twitter and other platforms. The Twitter company launched this feature recently in May 2021.
If you’re unfamiliar with this latest update, We will guide you on How to Use Twitter’s Tips Jar Feature to Pay People for Tweets.
What is Twitter’s Tips Jar Feature?
Tips is a recent feature by Twitter in which users can accept money from other people through third-party payment services added by them on their profile.
To receive the money, You have to enable the “Tips” feature on your profile using Some steps. The tips feature is not available on Twitter’s web version. In Nov 2021, This feature became available for all Android and IOS users.
After launching this feature, Twitter mentioned in a blog post that it is a motivating action to help the unique voices on Twitter that makes the discussions on its platform meaningful for other users.
One of the main motives behind introducing Twitter tips is financially assisting content creators, experts, journalists, Twitter space hosts, non-profit organizations, etc.
You can send money and bitcoins to people where Twitter will not get any % from your payment. The third-party services may deduct some service charges.
Twitter’s tips feature an excellent way to encourage kindness and positivity on its platform. Content creators can earn extra money different from their campaigns. It motivates them to develop more meaningful content to aware their audience.
Can I Use Paypal on Twitter Tips?
You can add payment services available for your region when you enable this tips feature. Paypal is one of the methods to send money to anyone worldwide. You can add PayPal payment links to your account.
How to Enable Twitter Tip Jar
You must be 18 years old to send and receive tips on Twitter. You can only add a Twitter tip jar on Android and iOS devices. Follow these steps to enable your Tip jar.
- Open the Twitter app.
- Login to your account.
- Tap two times on your profile picture icon from the top-left corner.
- Tap on the “Edit Profile” button on the top-right side.
- Scroll down to the end.
- Tap on the “Tips” option. This is set on “off” by default.
- Turn on the option “Allow tips.”
- Twitter will ask you to provide your consent to their “Tipping policy.“
- Scroll to the end and Tap on “I agree.”
- Twitter will redirect you to the page to add payment options.
- Click on the options to add their payment links to your profile.
- Add usernames associated with those particular services.
- For the “Tips” icon to emerge on your profile, you must have at least one username.
Once you link third-party payment services to your Twitter account, The following information can be shared with the receiver – Your Full name, Your address, and tip amount. Read the service terms of third-party services in detail before linking with Twitter.
How Twitter’s Tips Feature Works
When anyone turns on the Tips feature using the above-described steps, You can send them money by tapping on the “Tips or money” icon next to the Follow button. You can choose any payment method added by that particular user. You can choose to pay any amount. All the sent amount goes straight to other users’ linked accounts.
How to Use Tips to Pay People on Twitter
Follow the below steps to use tips for paying money.
- Check whether the account to whom you want to send money has added the tips feature. One way to ensure this is by looking for the “cash icon” next to the Follow button on their profile page. This cash icon represents the tips feature.
- Tap the “cash” icon to check all the available third-party payment options.
- Select any payment service you prefer. You will be directed to that particular service page to make the payment.
- Add any amount.
- After you complete the payment procedure, the receiver will get the amount in their account.
Why Don’t I Have Tip Jar on Twitter
The Tips feature is “off” by default. That’s why you must enable the tip jar by using the steps mentioned above. If you find the tips feature on Twitter’s web version, it’s not available here. Update your Twitter app if you have not since May 2021.
Why You Shouldn’t Use Paypal to Send Twitter ‘tips.’
A privacy flaw was discovered recently while using PayPal. If you use Paypal to send money, you can accidentally share your home address with the receiver. If the receiver is any random person you are unfamiliar with, you can risk your privacy. A security researcher first shared her tweet’s privacy issue of using PayPal.
What Are Other Twitter Tips Payment Options?
Different Twitter tips payment options to obtain money –
- Cash App
- Bitcoin payments via Strike
Twitter opened the Bitcoin payment option in September 2021 by using Strike.
Do you like this news or article? Please, share it on your social media handles and let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback!