Snapchat streaks are one unique feature on Snapchat that has made it so popular amongst its users globally. It helps people define their friendships and stay connected regularly on Snapchat. But often, people wonder what are snapachat streaks and how to use them. Well, we bring here everything for you.
Snapstreaks helps Snapchat users create milestones in their friendships. The more the number of Snapchat streaks, the closer you are to the person.
People use Snapstreaks to happily brag about their bond with their friends and how important they are to each other. So if you want to strengthen your bond with your friends, you should know everything about snap streaks.
Snapchat Streaks Explained (2023)
What is a Snapchat Streak?
Popularly known as Snapstreaks, Snapchat streaks is a fun and interactive way to engage with your friends. A Snapstreak is formed when you and your friend have consecutively sent each other snaps(i.e. a photo or video) every day for more than 3 days.
A Snapchat streak is indicated by the fire emoji followed by a number indicating the number of days for which you have been exchanging snaps regularly.
In order to maintain a snap streak, it is essential you sent each other snaps every day within a duration of 24 hours. If you do not send or receive a snap within 24 hours, the snap streak is likely to be broken. It is believed in common parlance to be an effective way to stay connected with your close friends.
Snapchats even celebrates essential milestones associated with Snapstreaks. For instance, it will show 100 Snapchat emojis next to your friend’s name when you complete 100 Snapstreaks with them. Snapstreaks, thus, holds a lot of significance in today’s age of social media.
It is also to be highlighted that Snapchat streaks even increase your Snapscore and make you a power user.
What Counts Towards Snapstreaks?
To know more about Snapstreaks, understand what snaps are on Snapchat. Snaps are simple photographs you click or videos you record to show people what is happening in your life.
To create a Snapstreaks with your friends, there is not much you have to do. You and your friend have to exchange Snaps with each other. It implies that you have to send a snap to your friend and receive a snap from them within a duration of 24 hours.
Please note that you have to send snaps using your Snapchat camera only. Sending photos saved in your gallery would not count as a snap on the platform. Besides, Snapstreaks are only maintainable with individual friends’ chats and not group chats.
Similarly, if you post a story on Snapchat but do not share a snap with your friend, it would not count as Snapstreak. To make your Snapstreak count, send and receive them daily.
What Do Snapchat Streak Emojis Mean?
Emojis on Snapchat carry a lot of significance. Each emoji has a different meaning. Emojis are even associated with Snapstreaks. So we discuss the meaning of some important emojis here for you to know.
What Does the Flame Emoji Mean on Snapchat?
Fire emoji denotes that you and your friend have built a snap streak by sending each other snaps regularly every day. Snapchat wants to tell you how your streak game is on fire. The emoji displays next to your friend’s name after you have exchanged snaps for more than 3 days consecutively.
What Does the 100 Emoji Mean on Snapchat?
The 100 emoji simply indicates that you have completed a snap streak for 100 consecutive days. Thereby, it means you and your friend have sent each other snaps for 100 days regularly. This is a huge milestone on Snapchat and indicates that you are an avid user of Snapchat and a huge fan of snap streaks.
What Does the Hourglass Emoji Mean on Snapchat?
There is a rule on Snapchat that if you do not send or receive a snap within 24 hours, then your snap streak will end. The hourglass emoji indicates that you have just 4 hours left before your snap streak expires. It indicates 20 hours have lapsed since you exchanged snaps with your friend and you have just 4 hours left to save it. If you want to continue your streak, send each other snaps immediately so that your Snap streak does not break.
Share Snapchat Streak in Story
Sharing a Snapchat streak in a Snapchat story is a humble way to brag about your friends and connections on the platform. Here’s how you can share Snapstreaks on your Snapchat story:
- Open Snapchat and “Login” to your account.
- Now find and open the chat of the person with whom you have created a Snapstreak. Tap on their “display name” to open their “Profile Page”.
- Next, locate the section named “Charm” and find the “Snapchat streak charm”. Take a screenshot of the “Snapchat streak charm” to share the screenshot with your Snapchat story. When you take the screenshot, your friend will be notified.
- Now “Create” a Snapchat story using the screenshot you just saved and post it for your friends to see.
5 Simple Tips to Increase Snapstreak
- Find a dedicated Snapchat user: You can only maintain regular Snapstreak with a person who is an avid user of Snapchat. They should also be equally passionate about Snapstreak and willing to send and receive it daily.
- Send a Snap-on on important days: On festivals or essential days like birthdays, anniversaries, etc. always send a snap to your friend. These days you are most likely to receive a snap as a reply in return thus boosting your Snapstreak.
- Set a time of the day to send snaps: If you want to build a Snapstreak, set a time for the day like morning or evening, mainly to send snaps. It will help you stay regular and consistent. You can even use reminders or alarms to remember to send snaps every day.
- Send photos or videos and be creative: Be creative with your snaps so that people find it fun to interact with. Play around with a picture or video and see how engaging it becomes for you and your friend to exchange snaps regularly.
- If you lose your Snapstreak, contact Snapchat help to get it back: If you have sent and received snaps regularly but have still lost your Snapstreak, do not be disheartened. Contact Snapchat’s support team and explain the situation to them. If it’s a technical glitch or error, and not your fault, the support team will restore your Snapstreak.
- How to Enable Dark Mode on Snapchat
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the number next to mean on Snapchat?
The number next to the fire emoji indicates the number of days for which you have been exchanging snaps regularly. For eg- if you have sent each other snaps for 10 days regularly, the fire emoji will be followed by the number 10.
Can one person keep a Streak alive?
Unfortunately, no. For a Snapstreak to work it is necessary for both you and your friend to send each other snaps daily.
What can I do to increase Snapstreak?
To increase Snapstreak, find a dedicated Snapchat user and send them photos or videos every day to build a Snapstreak. Besides, set a particular time of the day to send snaps, and do not forget to share on important days of land festivals.
Can I send a Streak from my camera roll?
No. To create a Sapstreak, it is imperative that you use Snapchat’s camera only and click the photo or record a video instantly. Using save images or videos from the camera roll is not effective to build a Snapstreak.
How to recover lost Snapstreak?
If you have sent and received snaps regularly but have still lost your Snapstreak, contact Snapchat’s support team. If it’s a technical glitch or error, the support team will restore your Snapstreak.
Can I send a Streak from Snapchat Spectacles?
The simple answer is no. You cannot send a streak from Snapchat spectacles as it will not count as a Snapstreak.
Start Snapstreak with Friends on Snapchat
Starting a Snapstreak with friends on Snapchat and, proves to be a game changer for you and your friends. It may even strengthen your friendship and bond.
Just exchange snaps with each other on Snapchat regularly and you will build a Snapstreak. Make sure to be regular and creative with your snaps. Use all the tricks and methods we have listed above and you are good to go.