Twitter provides its users with easy steps to edit their profile details such as Bio, user name, date of birth, website, and location in the way they want. Also, Twitter displays the joining date of users below their account username.
Some users wish to hide their joining date from their account and wonder How to Hide their Joined Date on Twitter. If not, Does Twitter allow for editing the joining date? Read our helpful guide to know How to Hide the Joined Date on Twitter.
Can You Hide the Joined Date on Twitter?
No, there’s no way to hide your joining date or birthday on Twitter. It’s visible below your profile name from the day you join Twitter. Twitter allows the users to edit profile details such as Bio, name, and location. Twitter provides no settings to remove or edit the joining date.
Other users can quickly check your joining date when they visit your profile page. If you have any problem with Twitter highlighting your joining date, resort to creating a new account with a new joining date.
How Can I See the Joining Date on My Twitter?
Twitter makes it easy to highlight your joining date along with other Profile details. In the same way, you can check your friend’s joining date on Twitter. Here are easy steps to see your joining date on your Twitter account.
- Open the Twitter app on your desktop.
- Log in to your Twitter account by entering your username and password.
- On the left side, Tap on the Profile option.
- Your Profile Page appears.
- Look below your Profile user name and Bio.
- Your joining date or the day you created this account is visible in a format like “joined May 2017.” Similarly, Yours also appears in the same manner.
- Click on your image icon in the top left corner for mobile phones.
- Similarly, You can check your joining data when you login into mobile.
How to Hide the Joined Date on Twitter
If you want to hide your birthday on your Twitter account, you can do it locally by accessing your account from the desktop. Still, your joining date will be visible to other Twitter users. There’s no setting on Twitter for directly hiding the joining date.
You can only hide your joining date on the version of the web page you’re accessing with the help of inspect element. The date disappears only from your visibility but not from the profile of other people.
- Open twitter.com on your PC.
- Log in with your account with your Twitter username and password.
- From the left side of your account dashboard, Tap on the profile.
- Move to your profile page and bring your cursor on the joining date.
- Right-click on your joining date.
- Click on the Inspect option in the list of menus on your screen.
- On the right side, In the Elements section of the developer tools, you’ll see the joining date.
- Edit the joining date in the coding section by Double click on the joining date.
- From the keyboard, press the backspace key to clear the joining date.
- Tap on the enter key.
You will get rid of your joining date on your Twitter Account only for yourself. However, only you can see this change, not other Twitter users or your followers.
How to Change Joined Date on Twitter
Again, there are no settings on Twitter that can change or hide your joining date from your followers and other Twitter users. You can edit your joining date using the Inspect element but only for yourself.
The next ultimate option is to create a new Twitter account with a changed date. We will discuss the two ways to help you change your joining date on Twitter.
Using Inspect Element
You can make changes in the coding part using inspect elements with straightforward and quick steps. You can edit the current date to any date you want but only from your visibility. Follow these steps to change your joining date using inspect element.
- Open twitter.com on your desktop.
- Log inside your Twitter account with your Twitter username and password.
- Go to your profile page.
- Your joining date is visible below your Bio.
- Right-click on your joining date.
- Click on the Inspect option in the menu that appears on your screen.
- On the right, a coding section appears.
- You’ll see your joining date in the Elements section of the developer tools.
- Edit the coding of the joining date by double clicking on the joining date.
- Choose any date you want to keep.
- Edit the day, month, and year.
- Once you’re done editing, press the enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on the ‘x’ to close the developer tools section.
This edited date is only for you. Other Twitter users will still see your original date.
Create A New Twitter Account
The second option to change your joining date is to create a new Twitter account. If you want to create an account with a current date, create a new one.
Steps to create a new Twitter account
- Type twitter.com/signup in your web browser or open the Twitter app.
- Click on the signup option.
- A Create your account option appears on your screen.
- Follow the instructions given.
- It’s your choice whether to provide your number or email address.
- Complete the verification steps.
- Click Next.
- Add profile details.