Standouts is a feature unique to Hinge and thus, sets it apart from the bunch. Hinge Standouts are the people getting the most attention in the Hinge community. These profiles might also be the ones that can be a good fit for you.
While the Discover tab consists of all the profiles in your location, standouts are specifically tailored for you by Hinge’s algorithm to evoke your curiosity. An interesting fact about Hinge’s standouts is that the algorithm refreshes them for you every single day.
Thus, standouts can be described as a dynamic feature that makes you actively engaged with Hinge.
So, whether you want to interact and know more about standouts or feature your profile in the standouts tab, this is the right guide for you. Read more below to know everything about what are Hinge standouts and how to use them.
What are the standouts on Hinge?
You might think that standouts are routine profiles on your Hinge feed just like the other dating platforms. What if we say you are mistaken? Standouts are not just every profile on Hinge that you come across.
As per Hinge, the standouts tab shows the profiles that have been attracting a significant amount of clout on Hinge and also the ones that specifically suit your interests. It is a reflection of a dynamic feed consisting of profiles in the spotlight on Hinge.
Hinge personalizes the standouts tab for all its users to interact with the people not only the most famous on the platform but also find a place in your likes and preferences. As Hinge puts it standouts are based on “mutual dealbreakers” and your recent activity on the app such as likes you send, users you match with, and other things you might do.
If you want to see the standouts on your Hinge profile, simply tap on the “star icon” on your screen available at the bottom. There you can see all the profiles in your standouts.
How do standouts work on Hinge?
By giving your primary focus to Standout profiles and giving them priority over other potential matches, you can save time and enhance your chances of discovering the ideal match.
It’s worth noting that Standout profiles are individuals who are highly sought after, receiving a multitude of likes from many users. Consequently, matching with Standouts can be more challenging, as numerous users are vying for their attention.
Standout profiles will not appear in your Discover tab. Thus, if you want to interact with the standouts, then you need to send them a rose to get them to match with you.
Here’s how you can send standouts a rose to make it work:
1. Open Hinge and Login: Install and open the HInge app on your device. Login using your credentials or sign up if you are a new user.
2. Go to the standouts tab: Tap on the “star icon” on your screen available at the bottom. This will take you to the standout profiles.
3. Browse: There will be a number of profiles in standouts, through which you can browse until you find the one most intriguing to you. You can tap on the profiles to see all their photos and prompts. Seeigntheir profile will give you a better insight into them as a person. Keep browsing until you find a profile that is irresistible to your liking.
4. Send a rose: Next to the photos and prompts of the users, you will see the “rose icon”.Tap on the icon to send them a rose. This way you can get their attention more than others as your profile will appear at the top of their “likes you” tab. This may even get them to match with you.
Please note that you have the option to only send one free rose per week, so use it wisely. Additionally, you may choose to buy more roses by paying some amount on Hinge.
How to get more standouts on Hinge?
If you want to get more profiles to appear on your Hinge standouts, here’s what you can do:
1. Actively engage with the app by consistently interacting with other profiles.
2. Make it a habit to open the app at least once every day to sustain your involvement.
3. Interact with a variety of profiles by sending likes, offering comments, and initiating conversations.
4. Elevate Your Profile and send interesting responses to optimize your chances of attracting attention on Hinge. Making your profile interesting will enable the algorithm to learn more about your preferences and can get you more standouts on Hinge.
5. Establishing dealbreakers plays a pivotal role in aligning you with profiles that resonate with your preferences, consequently enhancing the likelihood of engaging with Standout profiles.
To get your profile to feature on standouts on Hinge, here are some tips:
1. Engage a lot: Regularly engage with fellow users through actions like sending likes, leaving comments, and initiating conversations. This proactive approach can boost your profile’s visibility and potentially earn you a place in standouts.
2. Make your profile interesting: It’s vital to create an appealing profile, featuring high-quality photos and some witty prompts. This can also make you more noticeable on the app.
3. Send more likes and roses: This will make you stand out and other users will get a chance to interact with your profile more.
4. Use Prompts to your benefit: Display clever, witty, and engaging prompts on your profile which will surely increase your likelihood of being noticed on Hinge.
5. Buy paid subscription: Opting for a premium Hinge membership is a prudent choice, as it offers the advantage of increased visibility and a wider reach to connect with a more extensive user base.
By adhering to these guidelines, you can boost your prospects of achieving Standout status on Hinge, leading to a more rewarding experience on the platform.
How does Hinge calculate standouts?
Hinge uses two ways to calculate standouts:
1. The famous profiles: One important criterion that Hinge’s algorithm uses to calculate standouts is the ‘attractiveness’ of the standouts. These are the profiles that most users find interesting and interact with. They might be receiving a lot of roses, comments, likes, or matches as compared to other people.
2. Based on user’s activity: The second thing that Hinge uses to recommend standouts is your activity on the app. Hinge suggests you stand out by learning from your recent interactions. The filters that you have set on Hinge are one example.
Other factors that influence are the data garnered from likes and comments you send. Or if you have described certain things in your prompts that find reflection in other profiles also, then you may get to see their profile on standouts.
Why are Hinge standouts so much better?
Hinge standouts are so much better because of the following reasons:
1. Aligns with your interest: Hinge goes the extra mile by curating Standouts, where profiles of users who align well with your interests and preferences are showcased. This smart algorithmic approach heightens the likelihood of discovering compatible matches.
2. Time-saving: In terms of time efficiency, Standouts are a game-changer. With these profiles already handpicked for you, you do not need to go through all the profiles in our Discover tab making it easier for you to find an interesting match.
3. They are really interested: Standouts are people already getting a lot of likes and roses on Hinge. So, If a standout matches with you by choosing to reciprocate your act of sending them a rose, it means your profile really caught their eye and they want to really talk to you.
Unlike a match through the discover tab, standouts can thus give you certainty about someone interacting with you because they actually want to.
Do standouts on Hinge see you?
Hinge standouts may notice your profile when you send them a rose. You might also appear in their Discover tab. However please note you won’t necessarily appear in their standouts tab as this is not a two-way street. Unless your profile is gaining a lot of traction, you won’t feature in the standouts tab.
If you want to get noticed by standouts, send them a rose along with a personalized comment. Additionally, make sure to have an engaging and compelling profile to gain the standout’s attention.
Standouts enrich the Hinge experience by adding variety and depth, ensuring users have a diverse selection of profiles to explore. This feature also enhances the matchmaking process with intelligent suggestions, ultimately promoting more meaningful connections on the platform.
If you yourself want to become a standout on Hinge make sure to upload your best photos and write witty promtompts. If you start getting a lot of likes and interaction, you might also become a standout. Whatever you do, don’t forget to follow all the tips and techniques we discussed above and with these never miss a chance to interact with a standout.