Instagram is the best platform for digital content creators to share unique stories, reels, and daily posts with their audience. Instagram has introduced a new feature to add music to Instagram Story, Post, and Reel to make its platform’s content more appealing and engaging. Everyone can use this feature to add catchy tunes to their posts to attract users.
This article will describe all the available steps about How to Add music to an Instagram Video Post, Story, or Reel. Keep on reading to find more ways to add music from third-party apps. You’ll find answers to some common questions concerning Instagram music.
How to Add music to Instagram Story on Android and iPhone
The steps to add music to the Instagram stories are the same for Android, iPhone, and iOS. First, update your Instagram app to its latest version.
Steps to add music to Instagram stories on Android/iPhone.
- Open your Instagram account.
- To create a new story, either tap on the “your story” option at the top-left corner or the “+” icon at the top-right corner.
- After you tap the plus icon, select the “Story” from different available options.
- Tap on the “photo” icon on the bottom left corner to add any image or video from your camera roll.
- To capture your camera’s instant image or video, tap on the “camera” icon at the bottom-right corner.
- Once you have decided what to add to your story, it’s time to add music.
- Either you can swipe up or tap on the “sticker icon” at the top right corner of your screen to access the music sticker icon.
- Tap on the Instagram “music sticker.”
- You can also use the search bar to find this sticker.
- You will see two sections, “For you” and “Browse,” at the top.
- The first section shows the songs based on the type of content you view or consume on Instagram.
- You can select your favorite music track from the Instagram music library.
- Search for a particular song through the search bar at the top.
- Tap on the play icon against the song name to hear it before adding to the story.
- You can adjust the clip duration to a maximum of 15 seconds.
- Drag the slider at the bottom to keep the exact section you want. You’ll view the song lyrics while sliding.
- You can change the song and album art and add a new text color for the lyrics to change their appearance.
- You can drag the hovering lyrics to the side if you don’t want them to appear over the screen.
- When you have finalized the song, Tap on “Done” on the top right side.
- You can resize the lyrics and album art by adjusting them with your fingers.
- Select “Your Story“ at the bottom-left corner to post your Instagram story.
How To Add Music to an Instagram Reel
Digital creators use trending music with their Instagram reels to get broad reach by attracting unique followers.
Steps to add music to Instagram reels.
- Open your Instagram profile.
- Tap on the “+” icon in the top right corner of your home feed.
- Slide towards the left and select the “Reels” option from the bottom of your screen.
- Either Add the video from your camera roll or record a new one using the camera.
- Once you finalize your reel video, you will be adding music.
- Select the “music icon” from the side corner of your screen.
- You can choose any music track from the recommended tracks. Instagram suggests you some of the trending songs that help to gain more reel views.
- Further, search for any specific track from the Instagram music library via the “search music” bar.
- Tap on the “play” button on the side of the song to hear the song before adding.
- When you finally select the music, Use the “slider” bar to choose the section you want to keep.
- Tap on “Done” on the top right side.
- Tap Next to your reel preview video before final posting.
- To record your own music, tap on the music icon at the top.
- Select the “Voiceover” option at the bottom-left.
- Start recording your voice by tapping on the “red” button.
- Once you are done, click on “Done.”
- You will view the three options to adjust volume levels for Camera Audio, Original audio, and Voiceover. Drag the slider the adjust the levels.
- Tap on “Done” at the top right corner.
- Add the video frame for your reel video.
- Add the eye-capturing caption and description.
- Add relevant hashtags that describe your reel.
- Tap on the “Share.”
Instagram provides you an option to save audio from any reel you view on its platform. To save the audio track, open any particular reel. Tap on the photo icon at the bottom-right corner. Tap on the “save audio” button.
How to Add Music to Instagram Post without Copyright Using Third-Party Apps
You cannot add music to Instagram posts, whether an image or video, while uploading. Instagram has included the option to add music only for stories and reels. Even if you create a new story by adding music, you will have to download it without the music.
The only option to add music to Instagram feed posts is to use third-party apps. Using third-party apps, we will describe how to add copyright-free music to Instagram posts.
InShot is a popular free movie-making and video editor application. Using this, you can add music along with texts and stickers. You won’t need to make any further edits on Instagram. It creates videos in HD quality.
Steps to Add Music to Instagram Posts Using InShot
- Open its app.
- Below the “create new” text, tap on the first option of the “Video button.”
- Upload any specific video you want to add music to.
- Select the “music” option in the bottom left corner.
- To access the menu, tap on the “Tracks” option.
- You get two ways to add music.
- First, tap on the “Featured” button to add the featured music from categories like Mood, Vlog, beats, etc. Browse more to choose from more options.
- Select any song and check the preview.
- If satisfied, tap on the “Use“ button next to the song and add it in your video.
- If you want to add the song from your music library, choose the second option, the “My Music” button.
- Browse through your library and choose anyone and check the preview.
- Tap on “Use“ to add the chosen song to your video. Be careful with copyright issues.
- You can add innovative sound effects to your video. Select the “Effects” option on the extreme right end. Select from the available categories. You will not face copyright issues for these effects.
- Choose any effect and preview it. To add it, tap on “Use.”
- The advanced Editing process involves adding white markers. If you are a beginner, end this step.
- Now, the app directs you to the audio editing screen.
- To preview the edits, tap on the “play” button.
- You can choose to re-edit the video as per your choice.
- To record your voice, select the “Record” option.
- Use the “volume” option to adjust the video volume level.
- To save the final changes, tap on the “check mark” icon at the top.
- Finally, tap on the “Save” option in the top-right corner.
- Select the video resolution and size.
- Tap on “Save“ the last time.
- Your video file gets saved, which is confirmed when you see a green checkmark. Tap on it to see the location.
- You can directly post this video from here to your Instagram feed.
- Tap on the “Instagram” icon.
Spotify directly lets users add any song, album, or playlist to share on Instagram stories, feeds, and reels through its app. Before adding music from Spotify to Instagram video posts, It’s essential to ensure the song is free from copyright issues.
First, we will teach you to find copyright-free music. It may be time-taking, but it definitely works.
Steps to search and find copyright-free songs from Spotify.
- Open the Spotify app.
- Tap on the “Search” bar.
- Type a search term like “copyright-free songs.”
- Click on anyone.
- Tap on the three dots icon in the top-right corner of the song.
- Scroll down and stop on the “Song Credits” option.
- Read all the credit information for that particular song.
- Check for the “source” detail at the bottom.
- Write down the name of the owner of the song, such as the website or company name.
- Find the details about extracted information. Check whether they provide copyright-free music. You will be fortunate if you find such companies in less time.
- Keep searching till you find the music without copyrights.
Steps to add Music to Instagram Posts Using Spotify
- Open the “Spotify” app.
- Move to that particular copy-right-free song you want to add to the feed posts.
- Select it.
- At the top of the song name, three dots will be visible on the right side.
- You will see many options.
- Scroll down to the bottom.
- Tap on “Share.”
- Select the “Instagram” option.
- The app will redirect you to the section to create Instagram stories, posts, reels, lives, etc.
- Select the “post” option.
- Your post opens with the pre-added song art cover.
- You can tag your followers and add filters and locations to this post.
- Tap the “blue tick” icon on the right corner to publish the post.
- If any of your followers already have created Spotify accounts, they can play the song.
Why Can’t I Add Music to Instagram Story, Post, or Reel
You can often encounter issues while adding music to your Instagram story, post, or reel. You may not find the music sticker in the available options.
When you search for any particular song, it may not be available in the search results. Here are some possible reasons for facing this issue.
- Have you updated your Instagram app to the latest version? If not, then update now. This feature is missing in the old versions.
- It might be the case that Instagram has not rolled out the music sticker feature for the location you reside in. Even if you update the app, you won’t be able to access this new feature on your device. This is not in your control. You can add music through external video editing apps. Maybe in the future, Instagram can add this feature for your region.
- Have you created an Instagram Business Account? If yes, Instagram can restrict particular tracks for Business accounts. Try switching to the regular Instagram account.
How to Add Music to an Instagram Post the “Old Way?”
The “old way” refers to the time when Instagram users didn’t have a music sticker for adding music tracks. The first method was to add the videos with pre-added music.
Then, you can simply add the video to your Instagram feeds. The second method is what we are going to elaborate on now. Here are the steps.
- Start playing your favorite song on your phone. You can play it from anywhere in your phone’s library or music app.
- Open your Instagram account.
- Let the song play in the background.
- Tap on the “your story” option to create a new one.
- Record a video from your camera.
- While you record, the music will keep playing.
- Once you are done, stop capturing the video.
- It’s up to you whether to add customized text.
- Select “Your Story” at the bottom-left corner to post your Instagram story.
Keep reading to find more answers related to adding music to Instagram. We have made a FAQ section to address more of your queries.
How Do You Open Spotify Songs from Stories?
Suppose you have shared any song from Spotify to your Instagram stories. In that case, you and your followers can open the song effortlessly from here. To know how to follow these steps.
- Open the story in which you have shared the song from Spotify.
- You will see an option “play on Spotify” below your Instagram name.
- Tap on it.
- The song will open in your Spotify account if you have already logged in.
What Kind of Music Is There to Choose From?
Instagram’s library contains millions of songs to add background music to reels and stories. When you tap to add music, Instagram provides three ways to add a song.
- For You Section – Explore music tracks that Instagram suggested based on your activities. These are mostly the trending songs and the ones you most interact with.
- Browse Section – First section contains the old songs. The second section displays the Bollywood genre tracks. Further below, you will find songs of different genres such as Hip Hop, Rap, pop, R&B and Soul, Latin, etc. It has songs for different moods like dreamy, Bright, peaceful, Groovy, etc. It has music on various themes like birthdays, family, love, and date night.
- Search music Section – You can search for any song you won’t find in the above two sections. The Instagram song library is massive.
BONUS: Top sites to find royalty-free music for your Instagram videos
Instagram bans music videos without licensed music. It’s necessary for primarily digital creators earning an income through Instagram to use reliable tools and sites to save your efforts and time from getting wasted.
We have created a list of some of the top sites to find royalty-free music. Our primary concern while compiling this list was to ensure that you follow the Instagram rules.
1. Audio Jungle
You will get free songs, music kits, sound effects, etc., to add music to your Instagram videos. Its extensive songs library has more than 1700,000 music tracks and tunes for all budgets and needs. The prices are different for all songs starting with $1.
Every week, They add unique hand-picked and featured songs that attract the audience.
It’s the best tool to find more than 8000+ radio tracks with unlimited licenses. You can get copyright-free music to add to your Instagram. You can enjoy diverse tracks from different genres. Soundstripe releases fresh songs every week.
You can integrate other applications such as Twitch and Adobe Premiere Pro to simplify the video editing task. They have added advanced filters to find the desired song in a few seconds. You can browse their library containing 8000& tracks composed by award-winning Grammy artists.
For free, you will explore millions of music tracks, videos, graphic templates, sound effects, fonts, stock photos, etc. You get unlimited music downloads and a free commercial license for music projects.
This platform offers the most hassle-free experience to get free songs for videos from the best artists worldwide. You won’t be required to give credit to the source for using music in your videos. Adding music to Instagram’s content gets much easier by using Mixkit.
You will find music here for multipurpose occasions like social media, weddings, cinema, presentations, commercial use, and more.
You can discover your choice of music via creative search filters like genre, instrument type, video theme, and mood, making the search procedure better targeted.
On their platform, they feature some of their customers’ most popular songs every week. You can stay updated about the trending music and use them at the correct times in your videos for a broad reach.
Add Your Favorite Tunes to Your Instagram Story
Now you must have understood all the possible methods to add music to your Instagram. Even if you are a newbie with no prior knowledge of using Instagram, follow these steps in the same manner, to add your favorite tunes to your Instagram stories. Sharing music on Instagram is no longer a tedious task for you.