Tweeting about a new blog post is only a starting phase to leveraging Twitter. With posting, bloggers need practical tips to promote and drive traffic on blog sites. With the right strategies, Twitter can become your leading traffic driver’s social media platform.
Are you feeling that Twitter isn’t bringing more traffic to your new blog post as desired? You are somewhere lacking in implementing effective tips for promotion on Twitter. This article will guide you on How to Promote your Blog Posts on Twitter in 2022 and beyond.
How to Promote Your Blog Posts on Twitter
The below tips will help you promote your blog posts by making people notice your tweets to increase visibility on your Twitter profile and get more click-through rates.
1. Tweet your blog post often and strategically using relevant hashtags
When we mention the word strategic while writing tweets for blog promotion, our focus is on making you understand that creating content repeatedly that your target audience can resonate with.
Don’t write all tweets just promoting your latest blog post; Probable chances are that your followers may lose interest. Follow a 70/30 rule for creating content. You can post a maximum of tweets on your Twitter feed between 1 and 5/day.
We don’t recommend publishing more than this in a day. Attach a pinned tweet on your Twitter account to turn visitors into followers.
To promote your tweet organically, use relevant hashtags. You can attract new Twitter followers different from the existing ones. An excellent Twitter strategy involves first doing hashtag research for topics related to your specific blog post.
When Twitter users specifically search for the particular hashtags added by you, Your tweet will appear in their search results. It is one of the best organic ways to drive traffic from Twitter organically. If you are a beginner who has just become a blogger, use third-party tools for hashtag research.
2. Tag influencers or Mention other Twitter users who might be interested in the content of your blog post
Influencers possess the capability to influence people to take specific actions on their recommendations. Search popular influencers and users from your niche. Start developing meaningful connections with them.
Next time, when you tweet about a new blog post, tag or mention influencers or other Twitter users by typing @username.
These Twitter users will be notified when you tag them in your tweets. Not only will this help you promote your tweet, but the best chances are they will also retweet your tweet if they find it interesting.
They can ask their audience to read your blog by clicking on the shared link. They will appreciate you for mentioning them.
You can mention colleagues, friends, or followers who have regularly interacted with your content. Start your Twitter chats discussing your new blog post. Like this, you will find more interesting people.
3. Retweet tweets from others that mention your blog post
It’s a helpful tip on Twitter for bloggers to retweet tweets from the account handle (username) of users who have mentioned your new blog post. First, You can show your gratitude for helping you by giving more visibility and reach among their audience.
You can build long-term relationships with those Twitter accounts. In the future, when you promote your new blog post, they will help you similarly. The chances are more of their followers may retweet your same tweet.
Your popularity will expand and increase new readers numbers on this micro-blogging social media platform.
4. Use a tool like Hootsuite to help you schedule tweets about your blog post.
To get more blog traffic on Twitter for bloggers, Find the specific time in a day to post when your target audience stays active. You can use Twitter management tools like Hootsuite to schedule tweets in advance.
Along with publishing tweets, a blogger needs time to focus on promoting blog posts.
You will post multiple times a day. Therefore, Use the Hootsuite auto-scheduling tool to create a Twitter posting schedule for other social media platforms.
They provide a 30-day free trial to customers to test their service before actually paying for them. You will determine whether this tool is worth investing your money in.
5. Embed a tweet about your blog post on your website or blog
Twitter allows you to embed important tweets on your website and blogs. Here are two benefits of embedding tweets.
- Your content becomes more engaging and interactive. By embedding the tweet, You can encourage people, especially new followers, to retweet this particular post. Readers will land directly on your blog post link.
- Your tweets sound more convincing for readers to click. After embedding tweets, you can quote anyone directly. This helps you build trust in your audience when they see you sharing references of a known expert transparently.
Steps to embed a tweet.
- Tap on the three dots icon beside the tweet.
- Then select the “Embed Tweet.”
- You will get an embed code that you can add to any section of your website or blog.
- Paste this code into the HTML coding section where you want to embed the tweet.
6. Reply to people who mention your blog post on Twitter.
Always reply no matter whether anyone mentions you by adding a positive or negative comment. Appreciate them by adding your perspective to their actions. If the comment is in your favor, post it in your feed.
If they are mentioning via a tweet, take benefit of the pinned tweet feature to highlight appreciation posts. They will increase your credibility among upcoming new visitors.
7. Write creative headlines and CTAs.
You get a limited number of words to influence your audience to click and read your blog. You have to write headlined creative and eye-capturing. Don’t forget to add the relevant CTA’s.
In twitter blogging, always remember to give direction to the readers. You must direct followers on what action to take after reading your tweet.
If you don’t add the CTAs, they will exit from your tweet without clicking on the tweet. These small mistakes can affect your click-through rates.
Here are some ways-
- Write a one-liner snippet text highlighting the main plot of your blog. Add the Call-to-action text with the text- Subscribe to read more, Click to read more, For more knowledge, Share the blog, etc.
- Add questions in your headline. Starting by adding “Did you know?” can increase the curiosity among the readers to click for more information.
- Add statistical data from your blog if there’s any. Numbers make more impact on people’s minds.
- Share a fact from your blog and add the shortened link at the end.
Make sure whatever you add must be related to your content. You can include the blog post link in your Twitter Bio.
8. Always include an image.
Adding images while promoting blog posts can encourage readers to interact with your tweets. Images are visually appealing and eye-catching, which makes your tweets stand out in your feed with lots of content to read.
Follow this strategy for other social media platforms too. Texts can fail to bring the followers’ interest in your tweet.
Add images that are relevant to your blog content. Even if you are not a graphic designer, Twitter bloggers use tools that offer pre-designed templates for free. You can ask for advice from fellow bloggers if any of them are adding images to their posts.
You will post multiple tweets daily; you can design many graphics in advance. Use analytics to observe which one is performing the best. Before creating a fantastic image, check the recommended size for Twitter feed posts.
9. Optional) Run an ad campaign for your best performing blog posts.
One of the best strategies to drive traffic from a Twitter page to a blog link is by running paid ad campaigns. Out of three Twitter ads, you can use Promoted tweets and takeover ads to reach a broad Twitter audience.
Promoted tweets are only the regular tweets that you pay for to advertise on multiple sections different from your feed on Twitter.
Choose some of your best-performing blog posts that have directed more traffic to your blog. They are comparatively inexpensive than other ad types.
You can start promoting blog posts by clicking on the “Promote” option against your tweet. Your tweets will appear in sections like user profiles, timelines, search results or Twitter pages, and trend takeover.
You can set a budget according to one that suits you. You can target a broad audience by interests and location. Promoted blog posts can be in any format, i.e., text, images, or videos.
Where else can I promote my blog for free?
80% of the role is of promotion or marketing after publishing a tweet. Twitter is an excellent platform with mature users interested in consuming informative content.
Here are some more platforms you can use to promote your blog for free.
- Medium – It’s a publishing platform to post blogs on any niche. If found interesting, readers will click to read more.
- Facebook Groups – Facebook has tons of groups on different topics. Find the one relevant to your niche. Join the group and write compelling tiles and embed links to blog posts.
- Facebook Live videos – Go live and share your ideas and advice about your blog post with your friends. Share the blog link in-between between this video discussion.
- Instagram – Include the blog link in your Instagram Bio. Create visually appealing posts, use hashtags and add CTA to access the link from BIO. Promote on stories.
- Quora – You can leverage this forum to act as a traffic site for your new blog. Other such platforms are Warrior Forum, Blog Engage, SEO chat, Indiblogger, and Inbound.org.
- Pinterest – Start promoting your blogs here and generate massive traffic to your blog.
- YouTube- If you have loyal YouTube subscribers on your channel, You can promote your blog directly via video. You may have to recreate your script while promoting on YouTube.
Do Bloggers use Twitter?
Bloggers worldwide use Twitter because this platform constantly updates new features to provide the best online space for promotion. Bloggers include multiple links in tweets to reach more and more users.
If any blogger writes about a trending topic, which more effective platform can they find other than Twitter? It’s the place for all trending gossip.
The same applies to blog posts also. Twitter offers unique ways to interact with the audience through Twitter chats and moments.
Cross-promotion of a blog post on Twitter is beneficial to drive traffic. A Blogger earns a loyal and dedicated community of people for life. Whatever strategy or technique you use for promotion, ensure measuring your analytics performance.
You will experiment with different content and track the performance of every tweet. Encourage people to read and share your tweets in a positive and friendly tone.