How do you feel about your Twitter following? Do you have a couple hundred, or are you stuck with just one lonely follower? If so, then this article is for you! There are many different ways to increase your Twitter followers. We will discuss a few of the most popular strategies in this post.
- How To Get More Twitter Followers
- 1. Optimize Your Twitter Profile for New Followers
- 2. Tap into trending topics using Hashtags
- 3. Create valuable content
- 4. Post visual content like infographics, gifs, video increase Twitter followers
- 5. Tweet consistently
- 6. Find New Twitter Followers Within Your Network
- 7. Engage with industry leaders in your community
- 8. Master the Art of Tagging, Retweeting & Replying
- 9. Promote your @name everywhere
- 10. Tap into your existing customer base
- 11. Talk up your Twitter presence on other social media channels
- 12. Run a followers campaign to gain more followers
- 13. Time Your Tweets to Perfection
- 14. Add a location to your Twitter bio
- 15. Get verified by Twitter
- 16. Include your Twitter handle in your email signature
- 17. Embed your Twitter feed on your website
- 18. Use Twitter buttons on your website
- 19. Embed your tweets in your blog posts
- 20. Participate in #FF, a.k.a. Follow Friday
- 21. Partner with an influencer
- 22. Get Involved in Twitter Chats
- 23. Stop sending automated DM’s
How To Get More Twitter Followers
If you want to increase your following on Twitter, You can do that by following these simple steps.
1. Optimize Your Twitter Profile for New Followers
- Update your Twitter profile image
- Add a link to your website in the description box
- Include keywords and phrases that will help people find you on Twitter
- Upload an image as your cover photo, it should be eye-catching but not too busy or distracting. Use a nice color palette with the contrast between dark and light areas. The size of the cover photo is 1080×1080 pixels.
- Write a catchy bio about yourself using 140 characters or less which includes any expertise, hobbies, family information that may pique someone’s interest enough to follow you back. You can use more than one line if needed (max 140 chars).
Find trending topics by using the “Trending” tab and search for specific hashtags. Inquire about related ideas in your area of expertise to create a more personalized hashtag that no one is currently using.
Be sure to check out what people are saying with that same hashtag, so you have some idea of how many tweets will be hitting your tweet when you post it. If there isn’t much activity on this topic then try shifting gears to another trend or brainstorm new ways to explore an old topic while still incorporating the original hashtag.
Create catchy and informative headlines – Alongside links, add short descriptors about why someone should click on it (What they’ll get if they do).
3. Create valuable content
One of the best ways on how to get more Twitter followers is by creating valuable content. There are a number of different types:
- Blog posts;
- Insights and analyzing your twitter followers and your niche;
- Unique or humorous information that cannot be found elsewhere, such as jokes, riddles, cartoons etc.;
- Tips on how to do something better in your field (e.g., cooking tips);
- Anecdotes about your personal life related to what you do professionally (i.e., if you’re an accountant) — these can lead people into reading another blog post!
There’s no one specific formula for success with this type of content but generally speaking, it should contain some level of humor or uniqueness while still providing value for the reader.
The content shouldn’t be about you but rather your expertise on a topic and how it can help people. Finding out what makes you unique or different from others in your field is crucial to creating great content that will resonate with Twitter users, so spend time researching this before writing anything!
4. Post visual content like infographics, gifs, video increase Twitter followers
The best way to get more Twitter followers is by posting visual content like infographics, gifs, and videos. Visual posts are a great way to grab people’s attention – as well as other important metrics like the time on-site and web traffic.
In addition to this, you can also stand out from your competition if they’re posting low-quality visuals such as text-only tweets or memes which are overdone at this point
Visual content has been shown in studies that it increases engagement rates because of the “stickiness” factor: viewers need to actively scroll up and down whereas with written or audio-only mediums, their eyes don’t have anything else for them to do but watch passively
5. Tweet consistently
Twitter is the social media platform that everyone’s on. You might only be tweeting every few days, but you’re missing out because people don’t tweet often enough to see your older posts. If you want to increase Twitter followers, tweet regularly and avoid taking a break for too long without warning.
6. Find New Twitter Followers Within Your Network
- Identify followers by their first name or the first letter of their last name.
- Click on the ‘Find Followers’ tab and type in a Twitter username, email address, full name, etc. to find out what other accounts they follow.
- Use this list as a starting point for who you will try to reach out to for more information about becoming your follower.
7. Engage with industry leaders in your community
This is a great way to not only get more Twitter followers but also stay up-to-date on the latest trends in your field. By following the top influencers, you will be able to see what they post and share with their audience which may help inspire content for yourself.
In order to do this, find people that have similar interests as you and follow them or look at who follows those accounts already followed by others in your industry.
8. Master the Art of Tagging, Retweeting & Replying
Know why you’re tagging a tweet: using the right hashtags will allow your tweets to be seen by people who might not have otherwise found them. Don’t just stick with one or two tags, use as many relevant tags as possible for maximum exposure!
Use #retweet and retweeted in order to showcase other posts that are worth reading or sharing.
When replying, make sure you credit those who wrote the post if they didn’t provide their username on it themselves. If someone replies back to you and asks “what’s your handle?” reply with “@username” so everyone knows which account is yours when looking at the conversation thread later.
Tips for Retweeting & Replying:
- When tweeting back at someone, always make sure that your account is public so they can find it easily.
- Tweets with Photos Get More Attention: We’ve seen time and time again how tweets containing photos get three times as many retweets than those without them! Add images from your blog posts or other relevant work by adding @username before typing out their username followed by an “@photourl”. Remember to credit whoever made the photo when sharing.
For the Best Results: The more time you spend tweeting, retweeting, and engaging in conversations with other users on Twitter; the better. We recommend setting a schedule for yourself to provide timely engagement every day.
Try following these three steps when deciding how to manage your social media account:
- Post when others are posting (midday)
- Post during off-hours (late at night or early morning), and
- Finally post when people will be online but not readily available if you want maximum exposure!
9. Promote your @name everywhere
Use your Twitter handle on everything you share. Your name is already attached to the account, so use it! Put a link back to your Twitter profile or website in every tweet and post about something related to that topic. Tell your Instagram and Facebook followers to check out your Twitter page.
Share other people’s content related to topics you are interested in, with links for them all. You can get more Twitter followers from sharing than tweeting things yourself because of how the algorithm works on social media sites like Instagram and Facebook – not just Twitter.
This will also help others find out what they love through you and grow their following as well. Again, make sure there is a link back for everyone who shares their work with you! It may seem hard at first but this trick really does pay off over time when you’re able to see your numbers rise.
Be intentional with who you follow and what accounts you add on Twitter. Especially be careful not to over-follow – it’s easy to do this when new people are following you all the time, but if they don’t seem relevant or interesting then unfollow them!
10. Tap into your existing customer base
Contact your existing customers and ask them to follow you on Twitter. Offer a special deal, as an exclusive coupon code for their next purchase online or in-store just for following the business’s account. Many people don’t realize they can follow small businesses too! They’ll appreciate being asked.”
“Another way to find Twitter followers is through a giveaway. Offer your customers something for free, and ask them to share the contest with their followers on Twitter in order to be entered.”
“If you’re really feeling ambitious, create a hashtag that encourages people to follow you. This twitter strategy has been used by brands like Oreo and Coca-Cola who have asked users of social media sites like Facebook or Instagram to post photos using the “#OreoEclipse2017” or “Coca-Cola PolarBowl 2017″. They offer prizes for those whose posts are reposted by others as well!”
There are a few ways you can talk up your Twitter presence on other social media channels. The first is that if you’re posting to another platform, like YouTube or Facebook, mention the handle for your Twitter profile as well.
If someone mentions they follow you on Twitter in conversation with others online – this is an opportunity to post about it! And finally, when talking about something random and unrelated: ask people who have followed you on Twitter what their thoughts were. This will show them how much of an impact tweeting has had in your life already which could make them more likely to want to join now too!
12. Run a followers campaign to gain more followers
One of the easiest ways to get more followers is by making people want to follow you. A great way to do this is with a campaign where they can win something in return for following your page and/or account. This could be anything from free products, discounts, or behind-the-scenes content on how you work.
This will increase your follower count quickly because it’s an incentive that people are happy to accept!
13. Time Your Tweets to Perfection
If you want to get more followers on Twitter, then it’s important that your tweets coincide with the right time of day. You should tweet at different times throughout the day so as not to miss any potential followers.
On top of this, make sure to be tweeting within a range of other Twitter users who are likely active during those hours which means you’ll have a better chance for them retweeting something if they see it in their feed or timeline. That will help generate even more retweets and following from people outside your current audience base and give you an opportunity for growth!
Keep tweeting and engaging with your followers even if it means during the night or early morning hours to make sure more people see what’s going on in your world.
What matters is that you’re there for all those potential new followers who will see your updates as they go by which can lead some of them to decide to follow back because they have a general idea about what type of person you are based on the things that resonate best with their interests. That way when their username pops up in search results, yours might also come up alongside their name so that one click could be all it takes for someone else to become another follower (or even better – a customer).
It’s all about time management. Make sure you know when the best times to tweet are and then make it a habit for your tweets to coincide with those hours. People who might find your tweets interesting can easily see what they’re in for if they click on one of your posts or give you another follow!
14. Add a location to your Twitter bio
You can’t gain followers if you aren’t on their radar, and your location in your Twitter bio is a great way to do that. If people are looking for someone specific from an area near them, they may be more inclined to follow you since they know where the user lives.
For example, “Chicago-based freelance writer” will have far more potential than just “freelance writer”. You might want to include this detail even if it’s not relevant; adding location doesn’t hurt anything and could actually help other users find new connections!
15. Get verified by Twitter
Twitter verification is a status that can be obtained by anyone if you have the right photos and information. After verifying your account, it will show up with an iconic blue checkmark on any tweets or ads which are promoted through the platform.
This way, people know they are looking at verified content from someone who actually represents themselves to be legitimate.
16. Include your Twitter handle in your email signature
If you want to get more Twitter followers, the first place you should start is with your email signature. Include your Twitter handle in your email signature and use it as one of the links in a “Links” section at the bottom of your message. Your friends will have an easier time finding out what you’re up to if it’s easy for them to remember where they can find you online.
Twitter also recommends that you keep people engaged by tweeting often enough so that they see new content from you when they visit their feed. They recommend several posts per day or about every hour during busy times (such as after work). If this sounds like too much for you, try scheduling early morning tweets before work and then
17. Embed your Twitter feed on your website
Embedding your Twitter feed on your own website can help you to increase followers. Your blog post has a link right in the header that will take people who are visiting it straight to your Twitter account.
If they click follow there, then every time you tweet something new or update fans with what’s going on in your life, their feed is updated too!
If you’re really crafty about how you embed tweets within the content of posts (like quotes), social media buttons below articles or at the end of a finished post could be added so readers can easily share out this content with friends.
Adding Twitter follow button to your website is a great way to increase followers. Showing visitors that you are active on social media can encourage them to follow you, and in turn, lead them back to your site when they want more information about what’s new.
19. Embed your tweets in your blog posts
People are more likely to retweet your posts if you have a high follower count, but this can be difficult for new users. One way to get followers is by embedding tweets in blog post content. This allows people who find the article on Google or social media to view all of your recent tweets and decide whether they want to follow you based on those alone!
You’ll also see an increase in likes and retweets because these will show up next time someone goes through their feed.
The best part? Adding that embedded tweet has no effect on how many Twitter follows happen automatically on each individual tweet, so it’s like getting two benefits from one!
20. Participate in #FF, a.k.a. Follow Friday
Follow Fridays are a popular trend on Twitter, where people recommend their favorite accounts to follow. This is an easy way to potentially increase your following by one or two followers for each person who follows you because of the recommendation.
This can also be done on other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram as well so it doesn’t limit you to just one platform! The key here is that this needs to happen at least once every week if not more frequently than that.
It’s important to keep up with these recommendations otherwise they will stop being shared among users which means fewer new potential followers from those recommendations- no good!
21. Partner with an influencer
If you want to grow your following on Twitter, the best thing you can do is a partner with an influencer. Influencers are great at connecting and engaging with their Twitter followers in a way that benefits both parties. They have established trustworthiness among their followers in some sector or topic which will lead them to be followed by many more people than if they were just the average person who has no previous connections within any industry.
The easiest way for marketers to find influencers is by using keywords related to what they offer as well as those connected directly with it such as hashtags, search engine results, etc.? Once found, you can ask the influencer to either promote your product or service, review it, do a giveaway with you in exchange for promoting their service of some kind.
Wants a Celebrity to follow you on twitter? Follow this guide
22. Get Involved in Twitter Chats
Twitter chats are a great way to build your following. They’re also fun and educational, plus they allow you to connect with people who have similar interests as you! If you’ve never tried one before, here’s how to get started:
- Go online at the designated time of the chat – usually on either Sunday or Wednesday night.
- Listen for instructions as soon as twitter chat starts
- Join in on the conversation! Chat moderators will try and guide you through
Please note: You should have at least 50 followers in order to get involved in a Twitter chat (Twitter will require this number when verifying who can take part). Keep following people – retweeting their tweets – liking their posts, and interacting with them outside of Twitter too for best results. You’ll start getting more followers soon enough!
23. Stop sending automated DM’s
Sending automated DM’s from your account is annoying and looks spammy, not to mention impersonal — which is a weird thing for an online social platform! This can work as an effective way to generate traffic for your website or drive more awareness by cross-promoting when done right but the side effect is that you will lose followers.