Being a popular social media platform, Twitter allows millions of its users to share their thoughts for free. Twitter doesn’t charge any amount to access its app on mobiles and desktops.
Anyone for general or business purposes can easily download the Twitter app on their devices.
Creating a Twitter account is also easy. The platform is free for both individuals and business companies. Anyone after account creation can post tweets.
Excluding ads, all services on Twitter are free. Twitter charges money only to run advertisements on its platform.
Is Twitter Free to Join and Use?
It’s free to join Twitter. Create an account and get started. You can join Twitter as a broadcaster or receiver. Anyone can read public tweets on Twitter. But, Only users with a registered account can use Twitter features like posting microblogs, engaging with unique content, connecting with people and business brands, and running ads. Businesses can attract a new audience by posting regular content about their services.
Along with sharing thoughts, users can attract new followers by posting-
- entertaining content
- valuable information
- latest news
- new trends
- products information
- self-promotion content
- short blogs
Twitter as a marketing platform
Businesses and brands get multiple benefits from using Twitter as a marketing platform. They can
- Grow their unique audience base.
- Establish their strong brand presence,
- Share information about their products and services with their audience.
- Create awareness about their products and services, engage with potential customers, and generate revenue through the sale.
Advertisements on Twitter
General users usually don’t run ads. Like other social media platforms like Facebook and Instagram, Twitter provides creators and businesses to run advertisements. Indirectly, Twitter collects data from users based on their likes and interests. Twitter acts as a powerful tool for businesses.
Marketers use this data to target their desired audience with ads. Twitter generates revenue from its users through three types of ads. The cost of these ads varies.
- Promoted Ads – Promoted ads appear on the home feeds of the targeted audience that may not be the followers of the account running ads. Promoted is written on these ads. These ads help to gain a wider audience reach.
- Follower ads – Follower ads are visible as new account suggestions for new users. Follower ads help brands to attract potential customers whom they can later turn into customers.
- Trend takeover ads – These ads appear with trendy topics and look like trending topics on Twitter. Unlike promoted and follower ads, trend takeovers are visible to all users.
Is Twitter for Professionals Free?
Again, Anyone from a general account can shift to a professional account anytime. Professional businesses, content creators, developers, and publishers can take advantage of professional accounts for free.
Creating a professional account on Twitter is free. A Professional account differs from a general user’s account in getting options to display useful business-related information. A professional account includes more enhanced features that are not available in a general profile.
Twitter professionals can display detailed information about their organization and business on their Twitter profiles. Twitter divides professional accounts into two types-
- Business account – Business account is for retail shops, brands, and organizations providing products and services.
- Creator account – The creator account is for artists, influencers, and public figures.
Is Twitter for Business Free?
Creating a business account is free. Businesses under professional accounts can easily set up a profile for themselves and add the following information.
- Business location – This can help the users get google maps for directions.
- Company Hours
- Contact methods – Customers can connect with the business through text messages, direct messages, phone calls, or emails.
They can run different ads through the professional account.
Is Twitter a Platform for Free Speech?
Yes, Twitter undoubtedly is a platform for free speech for all users. Twitter mentions in its rules and policies that respecting and defending users’ voices is one of the parts of their core values.
Also, Twitter commits to providing users with their right to freedom of speech. To strengthen the right to free speech, Twitter has built a Trust and Safety team for the protection of people and businesses using their services.
Does Twitter App Cost Money to download?
No, Twitter does not cost any money to download. Android and iPhone users can download the Twitter app from Apple and Google Play stores for free.
Do you like this news or article? Please, share it on your social media handles and let us know on Twitter: we love hearing your feedback!